Forums > Kitesurfing General

Mambo Classic 27-30th DOWNWINDER

Created by Maxiy > 9 months ago, 25 Nov 2014
Maxiy
ACT, 96 posts
25 Nov 2014 9:37AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all I have been making the trip to Merimbula for about 3 years now, to watch the goings on at the Mambo Classic. I have only in recent times become confident enough in my riding to be able to even consider going out and having some fun with the MANY non event kiters who come down for the weekend. Every year there seems to be a down winder from the merimbula lake inlet to pambula river mouth. I intend on trying to come along for the ride this year.

What i want to know is do i need to be registered with some form of association, or have insurance of some kind to be able to join in??? or are these down winders just a join in if you are good enough kind of thing ???Steve from kitepower, you may be able to help me on this one, i have seen you participating in the down winder many times.

Cheers all

richierich
NSW, 226 posts
26 Nov 2014 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hi I'm at the Classic at the moment ready for a big few days. The downwinders is up for anyone capable just have a car up pick you up. As for insurance and entering comp if you are around for the comp may as well be in it. Support the people that will support you. You will get a prize at the end of comp anyway probably worth your entry fee. The BBQ is worth the money by itself. You will also need kA insurance for the year and this should be done for a thousand reasons whether or not you ever enter an event or not. You will have a ball on Sat/Sun when the nor'easter is due to blow. You will be happy once you get out of the wind shadow of Ford oval and head towards the cleaner wind of Pambula. Just make sure you take some good riders with you and stay safe .

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Mambo Classic 27-30th DOWNWINDER" started by Maxiy