Forums > Kitesurfing General

Mauritius in July

Created by Priesty > 9 months ago, 15 Jun 2015
Priesty
WA, 4 posts
15 Jun 2015 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

I am heading to Mauritius at beginning of July. Staying on the west coast in Flic en Flac.

Can anyone recommend the best place for flat water and hiring the gear for Kiting. Some where with in 30 - 40 mins drive max.

Any other heads up will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Capt Loopy
NSW, 276 posts
16 Jun 2015 12:26AM
Thumbs Up

Le morne the most popular.
Planty of places to rent there. You'll most propley be on an 8m most of the time.
It was to packed out with cheese eating surrender monkeys for me (4years ago) so I changed hotels and stayed over @ blue bay and kited Pointe d'Esny.
just as good but not as strong and no gear rental.
O yer leave nothing on the beach. Turned my back for no less then 10min and some ass hat stole my camera

Justhanging
WA, 64 posts
16 Jun 2015 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Right time of year for wind, wrong side of island for prevailing wind direction. Good spots to kite south or east side of the island and most of the time you will have it to yourself. You could stick to Le Morne if you enjoy the company of many others.
As Capt Loopy said Le Morne for kite hire, if you have gear take it with and you won't regret it.

bermand
WA, 247 posts
21 Jun 2015 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Flic en flac is not ideal location for kiting. Le Morne is 40 mins, anse Le raie where the other club mistral is, is 40 mins North. The East Coast is 40 mins East. There is no kite able wind at Flic/ Tamarin etc. You are better off staying in South. Although kite lagoon is crowded there is 7 km of waist high flat water from Baie du Cap along this lagoon. Hire would mainly be through club mistral. The shops will have all the 2015 kites at reduced rates plus you get vat back at airport. If you can change your accomodation do it. enjoy it's the best place to kite. If you do hire via club mistral you can keep all your stuff there and with local sim call them 30 mins before you arrive and if you are lucky they will have your kite pumped. It's great than you don't have to worry about transporting gear, have many options and have free rescue thrown in.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Mauritius in July" started by Priesty