Forums > Kitesurfing General

Moontours Fiji

Created by nikmcc > 9 months ago, 13 Mar 2015
nikmcc
NSW, 259 posts
13 Mar 2015 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

Has anyone done the moontours Fiji tour on Taveuni? And if so, how was it? , worth the money?, hows the wind? etc...

Putting some thought into the June 5 one this year...

Thanks in advance

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
13 Mar 2015 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
nikmcc said...
Hi,

Has anyone done the moontours Fiji tour on Taveuni? And if so, how was it? , worth the money?, hows the wind? etc...

Putting some thought into the June 5 one this year...

Thanks in advance

I'm keen on this too

THE DONG
VIC, 518 posts
13 Mar 2015 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

hi guys, i might possibly be going on one of the trips too.
First up im close friends kite buddies of Trent and Steph who run the trips so ill leave it to you to decide if im being biased or not. The fact is im lazy and if their trips werent good i wouldnt write anything at all. This is a lot of effort trying to type with my kiters hands.

Firstly i havnt been before but i kite with a lot of crew who have been there and gone the next year aswell. As far as the winds concerned do some research. It gets lots of wind that time of year but your at the mercy of mother nature however. Ive been to africa with them twice now and the last year i went the we were un lucky with wind despite having one of the best down winders of my life at around paje, zanzibar. The value with moon tours is they are happy to get gritty inorder to see the real side of every country and culture they visit. Zanzibar when there wasnt wind we were trail biking through cities, jungle and beaches or sailing around deserted islands.

Moon tours have been going to taveuni for many years now and are closely knitted with the local community there and have fished out a lot of the secret kiting spots there. If your not kiting youll be exploring local villages, swimming and jumping off hidden waterfalls etc.

If you are after the sit by the swimming pool at the typical fiji resort all holiday trip then id say you its not for you. But if youd like to explore the real fiji and kite some magical spots then id say yes.

If your single i would not be relying on the locals to fulfill your needs.

fell free to pm me if you have any other questions about the trips. i was gonna save money this year but now youve got me thinking about it.

I think the main focus on the fiji trips is flat water which has held me back but i think they are exploring wave kiting opportunities as well. Best ask them about that

Kite Mag
VIC, 154 posts
15 Mar 2015 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Guys,

I went to Taveuni last year and loved it.
Kiting wise, Lavena Beach is definitely the most beautiful and diverse location I have ever ridden in.
You have flat water at front and waves at the back.
There was wind everyday i was there and I only took two kites a 13.5 and 9.5.
If you have an inflatable sup, definitely take it as well because after your kite sessions there are so many chances for exploring rivers and waterfalls.
I definitely want to go again, when you see Lavena, you will know why

Spuggy
WA, 1 posts
5 May 2015 10:32PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Kite Mag, two of us have booked in for the 18th June trip, what kite size did you use most of the time - in Perth mostly I use a 10.5 (78kg) and mate uses a 12 (98kg), also have an 8 and a 9, do we need a bigger kite?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Moontours Fiji" started by nikmcc