Forums > Kitesurfing General

NEW KITE BLADDER

Created by TDS > 9 months ago, 21 Jun 2015
TDS
WA, 27 posts
21 Jun 2015 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

IM CHACING A NEW LEADING EDGE BLADDER FOR MY 2011 9M BLADE TRIGGER. ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET ONE FROM? IM IN EXMOUTH, WA.

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
21 Jun 2015 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

WHY ARE YOU YELLING

TDS
WA, 27 posts
21 Jun 2015 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

WHAT... CANT HEAR YOU

gdownie
NSW, 148 posts
21 Jun 2015 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Forget the super stretch type bladders ,have found over the years there no better than the standard type.
just buy to length and fit new valves or contact your brand supplier and buy genuine replacement like we all do.

ExSurfCentre
WA, 484 posts
21 Jun 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Is it a total write off? If not we may be able to fix it at Exmouth kite centre. Otherwise the shop in town have spares, give them a call.

WA Surf & Foil
WA, 250 posts
21 Jun 2015 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

WE HAVE A SET IN STOCK !!!!!

CHEERS
JASON
WEST OZ BOARDSPORTS
0411 510 514

TDS
WA, 27 posts
21 Jun 2015 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

Are the bladders for the 2010 & 2011 models the same? I'm not sure what year mine is, but definetly one of the two.

TDS
WA, 27 posts
21 Jun 2015 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty sure its just the valve. I replaced it but didn't do a very good job. Can it be replaced again?

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
21 Jun 2015 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TDS said..
Pretty sure its just the valve. I replaced it but didn't do a very good job. Can it be replaced again?

Yes, but peel it off carefully over steam or hot water, not boiling. Reglue after cleaning any excess glue.

In terms of bladders, Dr Tuba or Tuff Bladders are the best. I get mine from kitepower.com.au.

ExSurfCentre
WA, 484 posts
21 Jun 2015 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

TDS said..

Give me a call 0467906091, I can have a look. If its just the valve thats fixable

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
22 Jun 2015 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tgcp said..

TDS said..

Give me a call 0467906091, I can have a look. If its just the valve thats fixable

Any part of a bladder is fixable.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
22 Jun 2015 10:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Loftywinds said..

tgcp said..

TDS said..

Not true, 90% of bladders are fixable.

If you have a leaking valve remove and refit a new one, don't use glue, when it fails (and it will) it will take you longer to clean and remove the residue, use the self stick valves and replace.
The 10% that are not fixable are when the damage is closer than 1 cm to the seam, you cannot overlap a patch over a seam and get it to hold air, no mater how big the patch is!! Pony up buy a new bladder!

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
22 Jun 2015 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..

Loftywinds said..

tgcp said..

TDS said..

Not true, 90% of bladders are fixable.

If you have a leaking valve remove and refit a new one, don't use glue, when it fails (and it will) it will take you longer to clean and remove the residue, use the self stick valves and replace.
The 10% that are not fixable are when the damage is closer than 1 cm to the seam, you cannot overlap a patch over a seam and get it to hold air, no mater how big the patch is!! Pony up buy a new bladder!

That may be true to those that don't persist, but I've repaired rips and tears on bladders longer than 10 inches, including the seam sections.

Hint: layer upon layer, upon layer.. ya!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"NEW KITE BLADDER" started by TDS