Forums > Kitesurfing General

NKL Kick offs with a BANG!

Created by NKL > 9 months ago, 14 Nov 2015
NKL
QLD, 98 posts
14 Nov 2015 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

What a start to the NKL Series. We have seen some real talent in both Wave & Freestyle coming out of the Gold Coast. The CABRINHA FX BIG AIR was awesome to watch. Some fantastic points already. Stay tuned for full results. Next Stops New Zealand & SA! Head to www.nklseries.com to register and follow us on facebook - facebook.com/nklseries and Instagram @nklseries.

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
14 Nov 2015 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Pity about the wind today so far

LostinSpace
QLD, 388 posts
14 Nov 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gokid said..
Pity about the wind today so far

That's why the kiting event is held over 4 days. Yesterday was pretty good and tomorrows forecast is looking even more AWESOME for it

Anyone thinking of entering for NZ or the other States, do yourself a favour and enter. This is a great Event and something we all need to show our support behind for the good of our sport and passion (sickness) Most competitors I have spoken to are pretty stoked with the format and Judging is by some of Aussies best Officials

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
14 Nov 2015 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Yesterday was so much fun

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
14 Nov 2015 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

Yeh man, was so sweet.....even better when you make it to the final,,,,nice riding champ!!

Beer, pizza and party tonight!......then 25-30 knot se tomoz

Buckle up gdog and pump up the green one......can't wait for the Big Air/Balls Battle!!

YeeeeeooooOooooooow!!

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
14 Nov 2015 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gilly3 said...
kemp90 said..

Yeh man, was so sweet.....even better when you make it to the final,,,,nice riding champ!!

Beer, pizza and party tonight!......then 25-30 knot se tomoz

Buckle up gdog and pump up the green one......can't wait for the Big Air/Balls Battle!!

YeeeeeooooOooooooow!!

I definitely did fluke my way to the final haha.

Tomorrow will be sick. I'm just going to megaloop for days.

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
15 Nov 2015 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hellll Yeeeeeaaaah!!!

Freestyle Big Air was run at 2.30pm with the men's freestyle final at about 3.00pm, gusty conditions as u can see but still awesome with some HUGE megaloops thrown!

I will leave it up to the NKL to throw the results and some pics up, but I would say to anyone thinking about entering this comp JUST DO IT!

Congrats to Dave and his team for a very well run event, that IMO, should be here to stay for good. This will only happen with support from the competitors!!

Thank you guy's for a very enjoyable 4 days!

C U next year.......yeeeeoooOoooow!

flyingcab
VIC, 942 posts
16 Nov 2015 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Will the NKL be coming to TAS?

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
19 Nov 2015 5:11AM
Thumbs Up

Great little vid of the event put together by Glen.......Enjoy!

.be

WillyO
QLD, 263 posts
19 Nov 2015 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

Good stuff guys!

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
19 Nov 2015 12:40PM
Thumbs Up

God my interview was terrible

Subscribe