Thumbs Up

Please see post in NSWKBA area on SeaBreeze:

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=59231

Hurrah
NSW, 382 posts
16 Dec 2009 5:20PM
Thumbs Up

Robbo,
Can you please put up some points as to why a kiter should join NSWKBA.

I am all for insured riders and safety of the public, but am undecided as to why I should join.

As far as I see it, the $65 fee gives you $10M worth of PL cover with a $1500 excess

I though currently have $20M cover under my contents insurance with a $100 excess.

I pay roughly $130 a year for cover that is equiv to $6K worth of contents outside of the home. (My kites and Board) For this premium, I also get cover for Damage, loss and theft of my gear when being used outside the home.

The only benefit that I can see is that, the AKSA tag allows you to kite on certain beaches that the association has approached councils to request that they enforce membership in order to kite there. (Correct me if I am wrong here)

Why should I be asked to pay for the same but inferior insurance policy twice. My current cover has twice the amount of liablility cover and 1/15th the excess amount.

I can't see that the council can demand that you need to be a member of AKSA to use public land if the only reason that they are concerned about PL cover and their own butts.

I also recognise that a proportion of the membership fee goes towards supporting the association and their tireless work in promoting and assisting kiters in the community. For this part of the association work, I am preparted to pay a fee.

For the record, I am with GIO

This post is to start a discussion and not a bash of AKSA or NSWKBA.
sincerely

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"NSW kiters: Join NSWKBA and enter to win kite trip" started by Robbo2099