Forums > Kitesurfing General

Naish Park 2014

Created by Bramskis > 9 months ago, 18 Aug 2014
Bramskis
NSW, 7 posts
18 Aug 2014 11:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys, wondering if anyone has opinions on the 2014 naish park and how it compares with the 2012 and 2013 models. Looking at 9 and 12 m sizes. Cheers - nick

keepcalm
NSW, 8 posts
19 Aug 2014 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

I just recently picked up a 7m and 9m after using a 2009 North Evo 9m for the past 4 years and love both kites. The pulley-less bridle is really noticeable and a nice feature. I'm interested in picking up an 11m or 12m and would love to hear peoples opinions as well. I'm 75kg FWIW.

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
19 Aug 2014 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Bramskis
Welcome to seabreeze.
Well I have a 2012 and a 2014 Park but only in the 7m size, so I am able to give you a bit of a comparison between the two in this size only.
I use the park to complement my Torch's and Im usually on the 7 Park when the wind gets above about 25kts.
My kids also use these kites from 15 to about 23kts.
The Park really is a great all round kite, and is fantastic to learn on, but is also great for wakestyle and also waveriding.
So the differences between the 2012 and the 2014 is not huge if you are just cruising around, but the bridle is the main difference and the way the kite feels. The 2012 has a shorter pulleyed bridle and this has quite a bit of adjustment on it, not only can you adjust the speed the kite turns. but also where the bridle attaches onto the kite, and with this you can change where it sits in the window. This is great for me, cos my kids like a fast kite with light bar pressure that sits at the edge of the window, and I like a kite that sits a bit further back, has high bar pressure and slow steering.
Having said that the 2014 seems just about right for all of us with just the adjustment on the steering lines.
The 2014 is a bit more precise and is better for unhooking. There is more slack and more pop on the 2014, and it also feels more stable.
Loops are nice and gentle on both, and only scary rite at the top of its wind range.
The bars are different also, the 2014 has a smaller diameter which I like, and is available, (if you can get hold of one) with an above the bar depower. I prefer this for unhooking, and my kids prefer it cos it is easier and less fiddle to use.
Hope this helps
Juice Rider

Bramskis
NSW, 7 posts
19 Aug 2014 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers mate, hopefully i can get some ideas in the larger sizes too. I've been looking around for deals on 2012-2014 parks, and trying to find if the extra $500 to buy 2014 is worth it over a $700 12 m 2012.

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
19 Aug 2014 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Definitely get a 2013 or 14. They are much better than the 2012. Especially in bigger sizes

Vatos Locos
230 posts
19 Aug 2014 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Just my opinion but the naish park HEAP OF **** I demo'd one a little while back and most definatly one of the worst kites I've ever used almost as bad as the cab nomad go slingshot they are definatly one of the best

azza86
QLD, 57 posts
20 Aug 2014 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Thats funny . Why ? I hav 2014 9 & 11 parks i demo'd rpms found them less powerfull size for size, bit slower and not as direct feeling at the bar . I havnt been using the naish bar tho personally i didnt like it.. and the bag sucks white and yellow . yuk. But the kites are super easy to fly ,non complicated, unhook well and loop well after 5 years of trying all differnt kites im pretty happy

glasstraxx
WA, 321 posts
20 Aug 2014 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2014 10m and i find it back stalls a lot when wind is light - basically borderline (15knt im 85kg), but other than that i love it. quick and responsive and it absolutely tears you right off the water. I also have a 2012 8m and i cant really tell the difference between the two as i have only been kiting for 9months... had the 8m for 6mnth and the 10m for 3months.

the 10 if anything is more direct.,.

im just starting to loop now ... how do u guys set the kite up for looping??

EnglishCraig
NSW, 406 posts
20 Aug 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Pulling hard on one side of the bar usually does the trick

azza86
QLD, 57 posts
20 Aug 2014 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Light winds be mindfull of letting the bar out as the kites heading back up . Also watch ur not chokeing the kite slowing its forward speed down again release some bar pressure. check lines equal length. Try an inch of trim. Looping they behave well just start on the lighter side of there wind range and get the feel for it. as the kites coming out of the loop in light winds pay attention to my first sentance

Vatos Locos
230 posts
20 Aug 2014 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EnglishCraig said...
^^^
Pulling hard on one side of the bar usually does the trick

How to do a mega kiteloop???? HEHEHEEEE
simple instructions
1. Heaps n heaps of speed
2. Boost really really high as high as the clouds
3. When your about 200m up in the air take both hands and pull down really hard n fast on your front hand and don't give up
4. COMMIT COMMIT COMMIT
5. Close your eyes and start praying
6. And if any of these instructions don't work go back and repeat steps 1 2 & 3 over n over again until you either get really badly hurt or you land it riding off into the sunset and all your mates on the beach say WOW and when you come back in the hottest chick on the beach comes up and asks you out on a date that night

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Naish Park 2014" started by Bramskis