Forums > Kitesurfing General

National Kiteboarding League (NKL) Register on Web

Created by KBQNT > 9 months ago, 10 Aug 2015
KBQNT
QLD, 96 posts
10 Aug 2015 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

www.nklseries.com

Let us know you are interested in the NKL and REGISTER on the website.

There is a BIG AIR Competition at Intermission -
plus a "HAVE- A - GO " - Free - for your friends and family at each event.

OPEN TO ALL KITEBOARDERS - 5 STATES plus CHRISTCHURCH!
Who has the best & the most Kiteboarders?

Register for the NKL News now at;

www.nklseries.com

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
10 Aug 2015 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

Hey this is great news for the sport in Aus! Get amongst it people!

Hopefully there is good numbers and the locals show up and have a go.
I hope the organisers emphasis will not only be on competition, but participation as well!
I'm just not sure how many will be able to tour nationally every few weeks...

Blacksand
11 posts
11 Aug 2015 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure if it is a tour as in go to a few events.
From what I've heard you can only go in comp in your state
Not sure if there is a grommets division
The idea sounds great ,fantastic someone is helping push the profile of the sport
Just need a bit more information how it will all work

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
11 Aug 2015 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Blacksand said..
From what I've heard you can only go in comp in your state

Not true. You can go to any stops you want, the whole idea is it's a tour (N.K.L., National Kiteboarding League).

bjw
QLD, 3615 posts
12 Aug 2015 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Just wondering why the events are stacked together so closely?
Itll be difficult for many people to get the days off.

KBQNT
QLD, 96 posts
12 Aug 2015 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah nah! Sorry to be the bearer of rules and restrictions. We will have this page of the website fixed asap, we have overlooked making this basic rule of the event a lot clearer.
http://nklseries.com/about/rules/

You can only enter one of the rounds, in your home state. So if you live in Victoria, then you can only enter the Victorian NKL round. You points tally towards an overall score for the state of Victoria and the Gold Coast Finals winner has 2 components, the individual freestyle or waves winner and the State, so its like a State of Origin series, ok?

Regards

Steve McCormack on behalf of the NKL series

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Aug 2015 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Well that's a little odd. I get the idea, I just hope we have the numbers to make it work.
Travelling people usually add a fair bit to competitions and we don't exactly have a lot of people doing comps right now, I thought the idea was to be similar to the old AKL?

Another option could also be that you could enter any comp, just that you wouldn't get the points from it (except for your state)... that would surely help fill the draw if we're low on numbers.

Hopefully it all runs smooth and people get behind it!

EastCC
QLD, 355 posts
14 Aug 2015 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Hoping it will be a good turnout at all events.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
14 Aug 2015 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Who are the judges for Freestyle?What are the ages brackets for competitors? Price money?

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
14 Aug 2015 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Even if there were no prizes, money or judges it's still better than what we've got!!! Haha. I hope everyone gets behind this it's a big thing for Australian kiteboarding and I know a few people have donated a lot o their time to get it started.

Turn up, get involved and have the opportunity to help shape kiteboarding in our country!

P.s. I hope to be at all the stops if possible and help where I can.

KBQNT
QLD, 96 posts
14 Aug 2015 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

To answer InTheLoop (and lots of others hopefully)

1. Judges that travel with the NKL are ex-National freestyle judges/competitors with a lot of experience.
2. Sourcing extra Cash sponsors at the moment - thus can not fix the Cash Prize pool.
3. Website Rules will be amended with info in due course.
4. The NKL is a NEW format for including as many NEW competitors as possible - and building the sport awareness on a National Level. The rules will be customized for Australia, and at the end of the day - it will be a great competition for kiteboarders to enter, have fun, learn from others, and progress their skills.

Our website went live with all the information required for our naming rights sponsor, and the timing they wanted to go public with the event concept with their support.
The nklseries.com website will be updated progressively over the coming weeks with full details, relating to the above 4 points + lots more.

bjw
QLD, 3615 posts
14 Aug 2015 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the clear up! I look forward to the action!

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
14 Aug 2015 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

I'll volunteer for QLD.

No interest in competing. Leave that to the up and comers.

Edit: unless it's 35 knots and we're looping. Try and stop me.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
14 Aug 2015 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
KBQNT said..
To answer InTheLoop (and lots of others hopefully)

1. Judges that travel with the NKL are ex-National freestyle judges/competitors with a lot of experience.
2. Sourcing extra Cash sponsors at the moment - thus can not fix the Cash Prize pool.
3. Website Rules will be amended with info in due course.
4. The NKL is a NEW format for including as many NEW competitors as possible - and building the sport awareness on a National Level. The rules will be customized for Australia, and at the end of the day - it will be a great competition for kiteboarders to enter, have fun, learn from others, and progress their skills.

Our website went live with all the information required for our naming rights sponsor, and the timing they wanted to go public with the event concept with their support.
The nklseries.com website will be updated progressively over the coming weeks with full details, relating to the above 4 points + lots more.

Sounds good! We will try to make it to the GC stop

KBQNT
QLD, 96 posts
15 Aug 2015 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

RE: Volunteering for QLD. - yes - but:
Enter anyway - there is a BIG AIR Intermission spectacle as well.
The Ranking system: - we all know who the TOP kiters are (or do we?) - we want to know who are the 150-800 point riders too - and if
Qld has more or less of these when pooled Nationally - and there is a FREE "Have-a- Go" from 10am with 6 Trainer kites set to instruct.

Classic Holidays has 65,000 members OZ wide who will be contacted to get to their local NKL stop and "HAGO" !!

NKL - Lets show AUSTRALIA our sport - NKL has the biggest MEDIA plan we can muster! Here we come!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"National Kiteboarding League (NKL) Register on Web" started by KBQNT