Forums > Kitesurfing General

Need a PFD for Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton?

Created by WAKSA > 9 months ago, 6 Dec 2010
WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
6 Dec 2010 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

If you're taking part in the Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton, you'll be aware that you are required to wear a PFD for the race.

Please post in this thread if:
1. you need a PFD; or
2. you have a PFD you're happy to lend to a competitor.

Any type (PFD type 1, type 2 or type3) are fine for the race.

Lambroast
WA, 177 posts
6 Dec 2010 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

I need one.....

Donations welcome :) :)

P.s. I'm not that ritchhobbies scab either........

Ioz
WA, 491 posts
6 Dec 2010 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

I will require the services of a pfd,

over at Rotto at the mo, and conditions are about as average as on the gold coast (well maybe not as gusty)

things are looking to improve over the coming days so it will be interesting to get out there to test the starting conditions.

The beach looks pretty narrow where i presume we are going to launch off, but i am sure we will make do.

MikeN
WA, 368 posts
6 Dec 2010 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Can we use the ones that you need to pull a cord to inflate them ?
Self inflating but has to be manually activated .

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
6 Dec 2010 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

I've got a spare, will bring it...best suited for seat harness....it is black, first one to PM me has the dibs.

Also got a small one to suite kid or lady, my daughter's.

FOT
WA, 101 posts
6 Dec 2010 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

If you need one anaconda Osborne park has type 1 pfds that fit ok over a harness for $41.

sk1nner
VIC, 181 posts
7 Dec 2010 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

I'm after a PFD for L2L...kayaking ones seem to be ok as they are alittle shorter and should still fit over a harness.

ashkiter
QLD, 431 posts
7 Dec 2010 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Sk1nner,

May have one for you from a friend-keep you posted....

Kat
WA, 145 posts
7 Dec 2010 3:02PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys Hamish and I need PFD and apparently a flare gun is needed??? Can you please confirm this WAKSA (about flare guns) and is there anything else? This close to the race and do not have spare time to organise anything as we have to be at Rotto 10am ferry? Cheers

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
7 Dec 2010 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

No friggen flare guns and the 2 PDFs are prob. spoken for now, meaning Kat and Hamish have got to see if they fit.

dalestanton
WA, 272 posts
7 Dec 2010 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

I need a pfd. This is pretty late in the game, anything else we need? Please let us know asap, or competitors will drop out like flies and there will be no race.

shunter
WA, 441 posts
7 Dec 2010 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

dalestanton said...

I need a pfd. This is pretty late in the game, anything else we need? Please let us know asap, or competitors will drop out like flies and there will be no race.

Ill take your spot .... its $40 to buy one as posted above, not much of an outlay (along with registration and ferry costs) to get a spot in the first rotto race

CarlBevo
NSW, 609 posts
7 Dec 2010 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Whats happening with bringing gear back from rotto for the competitors?

Transition_Surf
SA, 286 posts
7 Dec 2010 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

CarlBevo said...

Hey Carl, I spoke to the guys at RedBull and they are organising crates for the gear to come back on the ferry and to the finish. All the gear will be tagged and packed.

shunter said...

dalestanton said...

Ill take your spot .... its $40 to buy one as posted above, not much of an outlay (along with registration and ferry costs) to get a spot in the first rotto race

The ferry at 10am is FREE for competitiors.....

CarlBevo
NSW, 609 posts
8 Dec 2010 12:56AM
Thumbs Up

martynbone said...

CarlBevo said...

Hey Carl, I spoke to the guys at RedBull and they are organising crates for the gear to come back on the ferry and to the finish. All the gear will be tagged and packed.

shunter said...

dalestanton said...

The ferry at 10am is FREE for competitiors.....

Thanks mate

CarlBevo
NSW, 609 posts
8 Dec 2010 1:02AM
Thumbs Up

I have a lady size (Small adult one) if any one wants to use it

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
7 Dec 2010 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

I have a spare waterproof fax, some small bits of concrete and an old gas mask if anyone needs them

keira
WA, 1 posts
8 Dec 2010 11:26AM
Thumbs Up

hey CarlBevo,
I've love to borrow your small ladies PFD for saturday if it's still available.
Does it suit a waist harness?

Thanks

Lambroast
WA, 177 posts
8 Dec 2010 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

Just picked one up from BCF. $30 not too bad. Cut fairly high at the back. If you were willing, $99 gets you an ok one....

ashkiter
QLD, 431 posts
9 Dec 2010 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

So will be looking in the Buy and sell section soon:

For sale - cheep PFD - only used once!!!!

xtortya
WA, 322 posts
9 Dec 2010 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

All sounds like too much hard work. You should not worry about it. I'll get rid of your ticket for you as well. I'm just a nice bloke like that

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Need a PFD for Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton?" started by WAKSA