Forums > Kitesurfing General

Need help pricing

Created by 1Newbee > 9 months ago, 23 Jun 2014
1Newbee
32 posts
23 Jun 2014 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2009 naish helix kite in good condition and a 2009 or 2010 direct slingshot kite bar and I would like to sell it in a package with the two but never flew the two together, what should I price them together? Thanks

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
23 Jun 2014 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Case of beer

hargs
QLD, 634 posts
23 Jun 2014 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Drury said...
Case of beer

Domestic beer though, none of that pricey imported or boutique stuff.

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
23 Jun 2014 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Pardon to butt in, but Coronas are anything but "boutique". In Bolivia you can buy them with worms inside !!

Seriously though, I have the bar you mentioned Newbee, and it's a below the bar depower which is a pain IMO to adjust. The kite has a very unusual default shape that makes it look more like a bat's wing. Not something that is standard in the industry. And self landing them is almost impossible, plus the shape of the tips catch water more making them hard to re-launch.

I think around $300 - $350 tops, for it's age too.

You can get 2012 kites for under $500-550

1Newbee
32 posts
23 Jun 2014 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Loftywinds
do you think this setup would be something I would be better off selling then trying to get the two to work together to fly?! Thanks

BatKiter
WA, 209 posts
23 Jun 2014 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Loftywinds said...
Pardon to butt in, but Coronas are anything but "boutique". In Bolivia you can buy them with worms inside !!

Seriously though, I have the bar you mentioned Newbee, and it's a below the bar depower which is a pain IMO to adjust. The kite has a very unusual default shape that makes it look more like a bat's wing. Not something that is standard in the industry. And self landing them is almost impossible, plus the shape of the tips catch water more making them hard to re-launch.

I think around $300 - $350 tops, for it's age too.

You can get 2012 kites for under $500-550

It is the worms that makes them Expensive, Like Mezcal with Worm :)

Spitfire
WA, 396 posts
23 Jun 2014 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

i think the slingshot bar releases to one line so that might be a problem with Naish kites....im not sure.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Need help pricing" started by 1Newbee