Forums > Kitesurfing General

New Kitesurfer in Sydney needs help :-)

Created by felixfa > 9 months ago, 16 Oct 2009
felixfa
1 posts
16 Oct 2009 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

i am here in Sydney until January and i work at the German international School in Terry Hills! I am able to kitesurf and i have two kites, a 9 and a 13!I live at the moment in North Willoughby, but I like to relocate at one of the northern Beaches to kite after work! This is necessary because i only have a scooter and this is not enough to drive to the beaches with all the equipment! So i have a few questions, maybe u can help me or know somebody who can:

1) Which beach in the north is good for kitesurfing?
2) The wind at the moment is not so good for kitesurfing! When will it become better normally? In which months?
3) Do u know kiteshops near the northern beaches?

Thank u soo much for helping me!
See ya
Felix

bennie
ACT, 1258 posts
16 Oct 2009 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
felixfa said...

Hey,

i am here in Sydney until January and i work at the German international School in Terry Hills! I am able to kitesurf and i have two kites, a 9 and a 13!I live at the moment in North Willoughby, but I like to relocate at one of the northern Beaches to kite after work! This is necessary because i only have a scooter and this is not enough to drive to the beaches with all the equipment! So i have a few questions, maybe u can help me or know somebody who can:

1) Which beach in the north is good for kitesurfing?
Palm beach ne winds, narrabeen ne winds, long reef se winds, check the nswkba website for more detail
2) The wind at the moment is not so good for kitesurfing! When will it become better normally? In which months?
from now untill april is the summer season
3) Do u know kiteshops near the northern beaches?
wind surf & snow collaroy, balmoral boards narrabeen

you probably wan't to try and live between deewhy and narrabeen so are close to the main spots

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New Kitesurfer in Sydney needs help :-)" started by felixfa