8 May 2015 4:29AM
Thumbs Up

Theres a reason why they arnt available in Oz

and only Apple Not Android

skywalker3d
VIC, 228 posts
8 May 2015 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

SHQ has them and also Kite Power i think.

I want to know how the woo knows it was a kite board jump and not just lifted up by a heli or in a elevator or by a drone??

robbyb
QLD, 20 posts
8 May 2015 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Anybody know what kite he was using?

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
8 May 2015 10:01AM
Thumbs Up

Skywalker - Or a really long stick. Your right even wih GPS they could fake it.

Most of these guys are posting Videos of these sessions as well. Its all about the bragging rights kind off RED BULL KING OF THE AIR online.

I am pooing myself at 5-6 Metres let alone the stuff these guys are up to.

I bet I am not up at 5 Metres either.

Its cool BUT 63ft up HOLY CRAPBALLS BATMAN.

skywalker3d
VIC, 228 posts
8 May 2015 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HappyG said..
Skywalker - Or a really long stick. Your right even wih GPS they could fake it.

Most of these guys are posting Videos of these sessions as well. Its all about the bragging rights kind off RED BULL KING OF THE AIR online.

I am pooing myself at 5-6 Metres let alone the stuff these guys are up to.

I bet I am not up at 5 Metres either.

Its cool BUT 63ft up HOLY CRAPBALLS BATMAN.

LOL true that..

Gazuki
WA, 1363 posts
8 May 2015 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Without stating a top hat video tread, what is the highest recorded kite jump? or is the woo the first to give us an accurate account?

JohnyMc
QLD, 60 posts
8 May 2015 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Piece of pisse guys......I pull those heights popping to toeside.

Matt988
WA, 154 posts
8 May 2015 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

It's got a 9 axis accelerometer I read. Standing still and throwing 20m in the air might not register as a "jump" ???? Ordered one from the states couldn't find any in Australia

Gorgo
VIC, 4979 posts
8 May 2015 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Pictures or it didn't happen. The Woo is cool to put a number on it, but it's not huge if it's not on video and photograph.

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
8 May 2015 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gazuki said..

Without stating a top hat video tread, what is the highest recorded kite jump? or is the woo the first to give us an accurate account?

Cue the video, yea you know the one. One of you numbnuts has got to post Eric soon.

Matt988
WA, 154 posts
8 May 2015 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Well there you go. Emailed them directly last week said they weren't available here yet

terminal
1421 posts
8 May 2015 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

That beats the windsurf jump record of 62.3 feet = 19.0 metres. It's actually more of a drop record, as it's from the top of the jump to where the board's lowest landing point was in the trough, so not comparing apples with apples.

daggy
WA, 527 posts
8 May 2015 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Mad sh!t
Just loving that technology is catching up and giving us a new toy
Might take a while to iron out the bumps but these will be a but of fun to play with when they are cheap and reliable

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 May 2015 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Don't buy one, you'll only disappoint yourself
Bit like buying your partner a dildo

lotofwind
NSW, 6451 posts
8 May 2015 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^Unless its a really really small 2 inch Japanese one, then she will appreciate your 4 inches more.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
8 May 2015 9:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
lotofwind said...
^^^^Unless its a really really small 2 inch Japanese one, then she will appreciate your 4 inches more.

Width

Ercorn
QLD, 199 posts
9 May 2015 6:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
terminal said..
That beats the windsurf jump record of 62.3 feet = 19.0 metres. It's actually more of a drop record, as it's from the top of the jump to where the board's lowest landing point was in the trough, so not comparing apples with apples.

Windsurfers make it look good

Plummet
4862 posts
9 May 2015 4:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ercorn said..

terminal said..

Your joking right? That looks terrible compared to kiting jumps.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
9 May 2015 7:47AM
Thumbs Up

According to this review
wetestkites.wordpress.com/2015/04/05/review-woo-sports-tracking-of-jump-height-and-air-time-part-1/

They stuck 2 woos on one board and the readings were all over the show. Not reliable in the least.

This might be the answer:
www.factor-tech.com/connected-world/17684-centimetre-accurate-gps-system-to-be-integrated-into-phones/

Rails
QLD, 1371 posts
9 May 2015 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

Ercorn said..

terminal said..

Your joking right? That looks terrible compared to kiting jumps.

Looked pretty awesome to me

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
9 May 2015 11:15AM
Thumbs Up

wasnt everyone hypeing on the xensr one a year or so ago?

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
9 May 2015 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

We have had in stock since mid April!!

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
9 May 2015 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..
We have had in stock since mid April!!

Same haha... Don't think much googling was done!

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
9 May 2015 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Bad communications oz stores! Matt988 and I both emailed woo and were told it was yet to be released here. Hence Matt ordered one from the states. You guys need to have s word with woo to lift their game.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
9 May 2015 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dave Whettingsteel said...
Bad communications oz stores! Matt988 and I both emailed woo and were told it was yet to be released here. Hence Matt ordered one from the states. You guys need to have s word with woo to lift their game.

Dave, you know competitive wife throwing has been banned

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
9 May 2015 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...

Haha cauncy... Is it allowed with a woo attached to the wife?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
9 May 2015 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said...

Haha cauncy... Is it allowed with a woo attached to the wife?

Living 20mtrs above sea level doesn't count

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
9 May 2015 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

So if I throw her off the balcony at Horrocks with a woo attached it won't work. Bugger!

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
9 May 2015 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote

I emailed them about two month or so ago and they got back to me with a full list of the retailers straight away. They have also been very fast getting back to me when I had some questions and contacted them on Facebook.
I love all these types of devices that gameify life like fitbits ect. I've been using the woo since just before Easter and find it pushes me every time I go out. From talking to some of the guys on the beach it seems like it's pretty accurate but without video and something to measure against I'm not sure exactly how accurate.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New jump record 19.1m" started by martinmm5