Forums > Kitesurfing General

New to Kite Surfing in Coffs Harbour

Created by jase1986 > 9 months ago, 23 Jun 2011
jase1986
6 posts
23 Jun 2011 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Hi All,

I recently went to Nha Trang in Vietnam and had an 8hr Kite Surfing and fell in love with it. I am still only learning (only just standing up and going for a few minutes before falling off). I know a few of my freinds are keen to try as well.
Can anyone help me out with a few questions?

* Is there anywhere near Coffs Harbour that sells Kite Surfing equipment or should I get it from a nearby city?
* How much will a basic kite, harness and board cost me? My instructor in Vietnam said I could have brought their kite for $200 US but I couldnt get it home with me and wasnt sure if it would be the right size for coffs. Apparently they get them from China.
* What size kite should I get for Coffs Harbour conditions?
* Where around coffs is the best spots to learn (i know they do it at Park beach and Shellys/Moonee beaches)?

Thanks

jase1986
6 posts
23 Jun 2011 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

* Also anyone is Coffs Harbour want to give me a few paid lessons just until I get a little more confident?

bjw
QLD, 3623 posts
23 Jun 2011 12:46PM
Thumbs Up

It's sort of the off season, so it'll be hard to find people this time of year. I kited Sawtell and it was awesome, with a great bunch of locals a while back. Also I believe Woolgoolga way is great too. Just look at seabreeze and try to go when it is windy and speak to the locals. That'll help you out.

Most guys these days start on a 10m. That'll give you a bit of room if it gets windy.

jiffbell
2 posts
30 Jun 2011 8:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hey there

I am staying near Sawtell next week .. where abouts did you kite .. just near the river mouth or to the north?

Also .. are there good areas in town itself?

Rgds

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"New to Kite Surfing in Coffs Harbour" started by jase1986