Forums > Kitesurfing General

Next couple of days - Brighton Beach

Created by lostinlondon > 9 months ago, 14 Apr 2009
lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
14 Apr 2009 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

OK, so our Melbourne summer seabreezes are over and daylight saving has ended, so I can't go after work. (lets just say, if I lived in WA I would be WTFing all those who hate DLS) The next two days are looking good for maybe some sunrise sessions at Brighton Beach. Anyone else up for it?

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
14 Apr 2009 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

I'll be there (depending on wind direction) tomorrow morning i think - sure as hell not at dawn though. it's going to be bloody freezing too, crack out the steamer and iron testicles cause you're gunna need them.

Coose
VIC, 229 posts
15 Apr 2009 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah 30 - 40 knot Westerly onshore at Brighton good for the waves

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
15 Apr 2009 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Woke up this morning heard the evil gusts through the double brick converted schoolhouse I live in and thought... maybe tomorrow... I'm probably inviting a HTFU for this. I can see the waves off Mordy pier from my office... Looks pretty out there!

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
15 Apr 2009 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

yer its been gustin to 55 knots all mornin. i think i will w8 for this afternoon

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
15 Apr 2009 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

The tasmanian ferry had to get tug boats to pull her in this morning after the westerly kept blowing her away from the pier. She made the mistake of arriving just as the 55 knot change came in.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
15 Apr 2009 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

ewan kite said...

yer its been gustin to 55 knots all mornin. i think i will w8 for this afternoon

You can always spend the morning polishing that second place medal of yours mate Congratulations by the way!

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
15 Apr 2009 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...

OK, so our Melbourne summer seabreezes are over and daylight saving has ended, so I can't go after work. (lets just say, if I lived in WA I would be WTFing all those who hate DLS) The next two days are looking good for maybe some sunrise sessions at Brighton Beach. Anyone else up for it?

Now THAT is SUPER KEEN !!!!!!!!

Boxburg
QLD, 144 posts
15 Apr 2009 12:19PM
Thumbs Up

I'm thinking of Brighton later this afternoon as it eases off. Smallest kite is a 10.5, so better to be safe than a splotch of jam on the rocks.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
15 Apr 2009 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

harry potter said...

lostinlondon said...

Now THAT is SUPER KEEN !!!!!!!!

Mate, I haven't been out since Labour Day weekend. I'm starting to get a little toey...

harry potter
VIC, 2777 posts
15 Apr 2009 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

ahhhhhh......that would explain it..... a severe case of " nonkititis " will drive us all to the extreme...
Gd luck for this arvo ...hope you can get out in some decent wind

Surfer62
1357 posts
15 Apr 2009 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

Love the "off season", me and two other lost soles, south of the big smoke, 20-26 knts, flat water, amazing how peaceful 3 kites on the water is, not even cold yet

Tomorrow's looking even better

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
15 Apr 2009 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Got a work car tonight so I might just take advantage of the situation! Get a pre work session in down at Brighton or at Aspendale

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
15 Apr 2009 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

yep, awesome session this arvo from about 2:00 til 4:30. i guess i was one of the lost soles, or souls as the case may be (surfer62 was that you on the takoon?). i felt for the lads who showed up at 4 only to see it drop to 15 or so.

as it was my 8m sb3 was plenty, and anyone who attempted a dawn session (anyone try it?) must have some big ole kahunas. just looking at the graphs was scary enough, although one of those family-friendly 5m NEW kites might have been just the ticket...

i was cold after two hours on the water but that's in a thin wetty and for the first hour or so i was really warm, so don't be put off tomorrow on account of temperature.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
15 Apr 2009 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...

ewan kite said...

You can always spend the morning polishing that second place medal of yours mate Congratulations by the way!

hahaha thanks

yer had a great sesh this afternoon from 12 untill 5.

here is a little vid of me in the kiddy pool around 4pm.

ewan

KnutH
VIC, 425 posts
15 Apr 2009 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Does someone want to go to Rosebud tomorrow?

Cheers
Patrick

Friesland
VIC, 6 posts
15 Apr 2009 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Some crazy Mofo was already out this morning at 8 o´clock.
I was ready to call an ambulance when I saw him launching but he was doing ok.
Over 50 knots at that time!

Surfer62
1357 posts
16 Apr 2009 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

yep, awesome session this arvo from about 2:00 til 4:30. i guess i was one of the lost soles, or souls as the case may be (surfer62 was that you on the takoon?).

Nope not me, wrong side of the bay, I was out on an old 7m Flow, time to upgrade!

By the way DJ, your pic looks scarilly similar to Gilbo? Do you have a twin ?

Soles good spellink

Surfer62
1357 posts
16 Apr 2009 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Another great session at Werribee South

Bit crowded 2day, five kites up

Overpowered on the 10 went down to the Flow 7m that pulls like a train, anyone got an 08/09 7m for sale ?

axis
VIC, 399 posts
16 Apr 2009 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

F%$#in work! [}:)]

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Next couple of days - Brighton Beach" started by lostinlondon