Forums > Kitesurfing General

North Kiteboarding Order Failue

Created by Sorrento1254 > 9 months ago, 1 Feb 2013
Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
1 Feb 2013 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Is this as bad as it gets ?
We preordered 3 - Fuses after Norths offer to get the 2013 fuse early with airfreight and deposit paid. We have been waiting for 4 weeks and dealer was told the kites have been in Sydney with customs for the past week. We were told today that our Fuses are'nt on the shipment at all, and now have to wait another 1-2weeks for them.
This is not acceptable from a professional worldwide company with devoted long term North customers.

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
1 Feb 2013 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

True, but how many shipment orders have gone across the globe and arrived on time. Thousands I'm sure. Not sure if this is a reflection of the company as a whole.

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
1 Feb 2013 11:56PM
Thumbs Up

Waaaaaaaaaaaa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaah.

SugarQube
WA, 490 posts
2 Feb 2013 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

ApatheticEnd said...
Waaaaaaaaaaaa wa wa waaaaaaaaaaah.

It depends on the freight company that was used and if the customs broker (if) in volved has an on line customs clearance system, otherwise you can wait fffffffffooorrrrrr eeevvvvvvvvve eeeeeeee rrrrrrrrrr.....

Forgot to mention,---- that costs money

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
2 Feb 2013 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

So you come online to dump on the manufacturer; Customs; the broker, or all three - or someone else?

Just what are you hoping to achieve with this post, here on Seabreeze?

Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
2 Feb 2013 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

Juddy, I merely want to share this experience and hopefully inform others of this incident.
I thought that Seabreeze/ kite forum would be the best place to achieve this.
I was hoping for a response from North Australia about how our fuse order was entirely left out off the shipment, while being told that it was tied up with customs in Sydney for the past week.
I would like to ask if other Fuse buyers who took up the early order option in fact received their order.

O

O

VIC, 118 posts
2 Feb 2013 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure there is a "north australia". Dealers order direct don't they?

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
2 Feb 2013 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Time to get of the expensive euro stuff and switch to naish.
The draft might be your cup of tea
At least you have an australian distributor
www.naishkites.com/draft-designers-notes/

Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
2 Feb 2013 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

The dealer here is in communication with the ,I suspect is the north distributor.

suniboy21
VIC, 1090 posts
2 Feb 2013 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Probably find that they are trying to work out how much tax you need to pay as you purchased from overseas.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
2 Feb 2013 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

Not making excuses for anyone here as I dont know the details.
But one thing for sure in Aust - if customs pull your parcel out for full inspection it can delay delivery a very long time.
What I cant understand if its a random sample type arrangement why cant they simply pull out packages as they are ready to do the inspection. Wheres the sense in putting them in a queue.
It can be a serious frustration when you are waiting on stuff to keep kiters on the water.

Weta
WA, 893 posts
2 Feb 2013 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe customs freaked when they read the inventory..............3 Fuses, WTF are they for????

Big time Failue

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
3 Feb 2013 8:17AM
Thumbs Up

Take it like a man GB, are you kite less coz you sold your old kite? Probly only need the 9 on mon and tues by the looks. I bet Scoobs is winding you up as well.
This problem with ordering has been going on since they ditched the australian distributor

rhinoman
QLD, 362 posts
3 Feb 2013 8:41AM
Thumbs Up

terryzarmzof said...
Take it like a man GB, are you kite less coz you sold your old kite? Probly only need the 9 on mon and tues by the looks. I bet Scoobs is winding you up as well.
This problem with ordering has been going on since they ditched the australian distributor

Don't bring me into it ,,,,I am a good boy now all good things come to those who wait ,,,,that's why you got your naish ...they ain't a good thing ,,,,,hhhhaaaahaaaa

mitch88
NSW, 271 posts
3 Feb 2013 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

well it hasnt failed as you still will get your products... (should have got the rebel may i add )

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
3 Feb 2013 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Ha, cunny funt, I admire your blind loyalty though. But imagine how much better you would be if you got a high performance kite, hahahaha

Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
3 Feb 2013 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah your right terryzarmzof, I should'nt have believed anything and handed over the kite when I had my new Fuse blown up on the beach. (1 fuse in my hand is worth 2 fuses in factory overseas) I'm over it now, moving on and upwards. will try and demo the latest Naish race kite and Torch. that'll bring a smile to my dial.

terryzarmzof
QLD, 336 posts
3 Feb 2013 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

GPukallus said...
Yeah your right terryzarmzof, I should'nt have believed anything and handed over the kite when I had my new Fuse blown up on the beach. (1 fuse in my hand is worth 2 fuses in factory overseas) I'm over it now, moving on and upwards. will try and demo the latest Naish race kite and Torch. that'll bring a smile to my dial.

That's the spirit GB. I think your ready for the big time now

Sorrento1254
QLD, 61 posts
3 Feb 2013 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Norths original offer.
2013 North Fuse on the way soon!! Pre-order yours by Wednesday for delivery late January,

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"North Kiteboarding Order Failue" started by Sorrento1254