Forums > Kitesurfing General

Now this is wave foiling .. (LH of course)

Created by Sir V > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2014
Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
20 Jun 2014 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

Sit back and think.. Faaaarrrrkkk I want to do that

Hey Laurie: about time we get a Hydrofoil forum? .. Everyone else seems to have one (just sayin )

Jedibrad
NSW, 527 posts
20 Jun 2014 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

this is what i intend to do on my foil when i get a bit better

the feeling of tapping into the swell with the foil is truly surreal

I've got offshore reefs that are perfect for this at my local

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
20 Jun 2014 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jedibrad said...
this is what i intend to do on my foil when i get a bit better

the feeling of tapping into the swell with the foil is truly surreal

I've got offshore reefs that are perfect for this at my local

I might have to come over for that Brad :)

suniboy21
VIC, 1090 posts
20 Jun 2014 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not going to be impressed until I see that thing taking a barrel at teahupoo.
Still impressive though.

fingerbone
NSW, 921 posts
20 Jun 2014 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

yawn....

ricardo
NSW, 136 posts
20 Jun 2014 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody awesome , it is so apparent that all the knockers on this site do not know how difficult this is , I watched one of Australia's best freestylers ever try this and fail dismally , so all you WA wankers get real until you have tried it don't knock it .

Hybrid_Z
VIC, 382 posts
20 Jun 2014 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ricardo said...
Bloody awesome , it is so apparent that all the knockers on this site do not know how difficult this is , I watched one of Australia's best freestylers ever try this and fail dismally , so all you WA wankers get real until you have tried it don't knock it .

Why is this dude knocking WA? Where are the WA knockers?

BTW that was boring.

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
22 Jun 2014 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
suniboy21 said...
I'm not going to be impressed until I see that thing taking a barrel at teahupoo.
Still impressive though.

Glad to know you have standards mate. Btw, could you please post some images of YOU taking a barrel at Teahupoo? It would be great to see how the Pros do it.. for us kooks

Pfff.. as several have said: ever been on one? We speak of each other with RESPECT (us the Foilers) because we know how hard it was to learn.

Peace up and good winds and vibes to allPS: besides, we know you secretly wanna do it

All in good jest mate

daggy
WA, 527 posts
22 Jun 2014 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

just because it's HARD to learn, doesn't THEREFORE make it good!!!

it just makes it - hard to learn.

I saw a guy cruise past us at the beach spot the other day, on an electric powered UNICYCLE !!!

Close your eyes and picture that. When you've finished laughing you'll probably appreciate that it was probably very hard to learn.

Here's another one.
There was a TV show on a few weeks back and this guy was approaching hot looking girls with a rubics cube in his hand. Then saying "if I can solve this rubics cube, will you give me your phone number?"
even if they said No, he continued to solve the cube while they stood there watching him awkwardly.
Then he finished the cube and said " so, can I have your number now?"

Tumble weeds rolled past slowly in the background before the girls said "ummm, no "
But , you know - they are hard to learn.

That's how cool you are.

If you enjoy your little splinter sport then good on you. But stop posting on here like you're some kind of trailblazer about to show us what we should all be doing.

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
22 Jun 2014 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

What amazes me is how they perform compared to longboards (or shortboards). You're not bunny-hopping as much (the video had some towards the end there), but seriously, those waves could only have been caught on longboards and they would have had to be closer to the whitewash to keep momentum. The foil, just keeps on going on even so far out on the shoulder.

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.

suniboy21
VIC, 1090 posts
22 Jun 2014 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sir V said...
suniboy21 said...
Still impressive though.

Glad to know you have standards mate. Btw, could you please post some images of YOU taking a barrel at Teahupoo? It would be great to see how the Pros do it.. for us kooks

Pfff.. as several have said: ever been on one? We speak of each other with RESPECT (us the Foilers) because we know how hard it was to learn.

Peace up and good winds and vibes to allPS: besides, we know you secretly wanna do it

All in good jest mate

Never did I say I'd be taking a barrel at Teahpoo.

Yes I have ridden one, didn't really rate it as it was too hard. Doesn't mean I have to be impressed when a pro rides a bit of swell.

RESPECT... LOL (us)

Jedibrad
NSW, 527 posts
23 Jun 2014 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
daggy said...
just because it's HARD to learn, doesn't THEREFORE make it good!!!

it just makes it - hard to learn.

I saw a guy cruise past us at the beach spot the other day, on an electric powered UNICYCLE !!!

Close your eyes and picture that. When you've finished laughing you'll probably appreciate that it was probably very hard to learn.

Here's another one.
There was a TV show on a few weeks back and this guy was approaching hot looking girls with a rubics cube in his hand. Then saying "if I can solve this rubics cube, will you give me your phone number?"
even if they said No, he continued to solve the cube while they stood there watching him awkwardly.
Then he finished the cube and said " so, can I have your number now?"

Tumble weeds rolled past slowly in the background before the girls said "ummm, no "
But , you know - they are hard to learn.

That's how cool you are.

If you enjoy your little splinter sport then good on you. But stop posting on here like you're some kind of trailblazer about to show us what we should all be doing.

Are you for real !!!

Are you that narrow minded that you only want to see one type of kiting?

Keep it coming Vasco, haters gunna hate

Plenty of people are interested in the birth of something new

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
23 Jun 2014 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

Not pretending to know about these new flying machines but from enthusiasts chatted to in the shop the foil pretty much negates the wave effect.??My guess is that foiling on waves - as it would appear in this vid - would be a matter of following the break rather than riding it.Pls feel free to correct me if Im wrong (havent even seen one in action yet)

kkiter
NSW, 452 posts
24 Jun 2014 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

The foil is much more efficient than the board and can utilise the force the wave generates whereas just the board relies on a steep face to slide down to overcome surface drag.

Sir V
QLD, 490 posts
24 Jun 2014 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kkiter said...
The foil is much more efficient than the board and can utilise the force the wave generates whereas just the board relies on a steep face to slide down to overcome surface drag.

What he said ..

The foil rides the undercurrent, just like Dolphins. Riding like Dolphins alone would make me want to ride a foilboardDaggy, you are 'unreal' mate - with all the bad connotations I can put on that multifaceted word. I'd rather use the other good meanings of that adjective for people who that deserve it, obviously not you

If it is 'hard to learn' you have two approaches:
1 - you take it as a challenge and get off your ass and do it. Then, and only then, you decide you like or not and continue accordingly, knowing you are fully informed in your decision.
2 - you decide to wimp out and run to Mumma. Then out of frustration come on a public forum and 'Daggy', sorry baggy, your fellow sportsman that took on point 1 and won.

Which one you think applies to you?

Seriously guys, haven't you learned anything yet? Bagging other people just makes you look ignorant.. geeez. Time to learn from your mistakes and find a better way to gain respect from your peers.

V

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Now this is wave foiling .. (LH of course)" started by Sir V