Forums > Kitesurfing General

One for Membership and fee distribution...SE Qld

Created by AquaPlow > 9 months ago, 4 Oct 2010
AquaPlow
QLD, 1051 posts
4 Oct 2010 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

It is time to renew the membership..
I read the new setup on the AKSA website....
"At present your $65 subscription is split: AKSA $25; your state KSA $40. States are looking to encourage local clubs by offering a per member allocation of funds through to this third tier of our national federation. Your home KSA can advise how the local club system will work in your state."

At the point during registration where you nominate your State / Club...

It was SEQKA but ....from their web site it says....

"This year SEQKA is only looking after the Gold Coast so...."

With my local option being....
Sunshine Coast Kite Club -- and who is this???? What am I funding here ??

SEQKA you appear to have shrunk your domain and kept the name - do you still represent SEQKA in the broader (geographically) sense??
Does Qld have a State association
This has caught me by surprise...
A forum search did not change this state... - will Google once I sign-off

I can certainly understand the separation between South of Brisbane and North of Brisbane - You are at one you would not bother (without a reason) to regularly travel to the other...

So before I nominate a club can someone Please publically fill me and doubtless others on the .....
Sunshine Coast Kite Club?
Who what and the setup ???
At a family membership of $135.00 - who is approx $80.00 being given too etc etc?? Certainly $80.00 could be well spent in Pakistan on the flood victims...

And if I do not nominate a state / club (due to black hole status) - what happens to the allocation then?? - Can I do something and put in an expense claim??? Bizzarre!!

But I would like the insurance cover.. (like now.. ) so can I nominate the club for fund disbursement later???

Some clarity and directions for more info' appreciated - Can we volunteer ??

Thx in advance

AP

PS
When I started in 2002 I lived in Victoria - so it was easy.. (and also someone called Emma ... used to send information out) but in QLD 8 years later....

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"One for Membership and fee distribution...SE Qld" started by AquaPlow