Forums > Kitesurfing General

One spot left for IKO Instructors Course

Created by Rhys McClintock > 9 months ago, 9 Sep 2013
Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
9 Sep 2013 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Want to get your IKO Qualification? We've got one spot left on our IKO Instructor course that starts on the 23rd September and we know that YOU want to fill it...

Finding an IKO course is hard work, so now is your chance to get it done BEFORE the season starts - give us a call at Kitepower QLD to book the spot before it's gone! (07) 3284 1816 or qld@kitepower.com.au

Oh, and btw... We need an instructor like, yesterday... If you want to teach for us then come and see us about working for Kitepower QLD... Starting immediately, paid @ $90 a lesson.

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
9 Sep 2013 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

90$ a lesson? not 40% ?

KPQ Used
QLD, 34 posts
11 Sep 2013 2:48PM
Thumbs Up

That's right... $90 per two hour lesson... We don't do crazy deals on lessons, so we can afford to pay a per hour fee, not a percentage.

RAL INN
SA, 2884 posts
15 Sep 2013 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

Is Iko still going? No one has twigged onto to their money for nothing scam yet???

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
15 Sep 2013 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

The debate has been going on here kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2381770&p=807633 for awhile now, must admit I'm not up todate with what IKO dose actually add to an instructors ability now days, insurance maybe?

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
16 Sep 2013 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

What their instructor course does is pretty thorough if you want to be an instructor. It will give you qualifications that you can show to another school that you can actually teach. As far as insurance goes, you can't get their insurance for a school unless you are a level 2. I have a small school and went elsewhere for the insurance.
I read all the complaints on that forum, and the guy does have a pretty genuine beef with them. Not sure if I would want to drag out the dirty laundry on a public forum, I would tend to just move on to the next thing and get over it. I had my share of bad Thailand experiences and it seems that in business there, nothing ever really goes to plan.
Back to the course, I do recommend it. The bookwork and course material is good. The plans that they set forth are tried and true methods. At least you know that if someone has done this course they are committed enough to have at least half a clue when it comes to teaching people safely. Safety to me is the most paramount. Plenty of cowboys out there....

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
16 Sep 2013 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

What is the preferred instructors course then... IKO what else is there? what course is recognised world wide....

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
16 Sep 2013 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
HappyG said...
What is the preferred instructors course then... IKO what else is there? what course is recognised world wide....

Tymfac, is the best for sure

fcalmon
QLD, 165 posts
16 Sep 2013 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Maybe next year...

KPQ Used
QLD, 34 posts
19 Sep 2013 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Come on... Anyone? Still one spot!!!!

suface2air
QLD, 701 posts
19 Sep 2013 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

How much is it as we have recently lost our local here and I might have to take over for him

KPQ Used
QLD, 34 posts
19 Sep 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Its $1050

More detailes are here - www.kitepower.com.au/

Give us a call in the shop for more info, 07 3284 1186

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"One spot left for IKO Instructors Course" started by Rhys McClintock