Forums > Kitesurfing General

Only in Americam (or Australia)

Created by wal269 > 9 months ago, 28 Jan 2013
wal269
WA, 718 posts
28 Jan 2013 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

I am in the US at the moment and there is a chain if restaurants here called "Outback" an Australian theme prob borrowed from the pub chain in the UK.

Anyhow, their TV advert (that shows typical Australian theme's) has a guy with a kite on a sand board on a sand dune.

WTF?

Never heard or seen of it..........who is responsible, probably someone from South Australia.

We should sue their asses.

lancekenny
SA, 402 posts
28 Jan 2013 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Outback Steakhouse Galveston south of Houston - huge huge steak - just awesome if not a bit bizarre

Pheebobafet
NSW, 124 posts
29 Jan 2013 9:38PM
Thumbs Up

That's gold! That's me. A mate and I did it 4 years ago in the sand dunes at Stockton beach Newcastle. We got paid 4 and a half grand for it! I got a phone call the other day from walkabout films,, who produce the adds for outback steak house. they are using more footage of me in another add and paying me more money! Sweet!

Pheebobafet
NSW, 124 posts
29 Jan 2013 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

arloj
WA, 237 posts
29 Jan 2013 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

hahahah thats unreal!!!

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
29 Jan 2013 11:31PM
Thumbs Up

OMG that sounds like a mate of mine .I'd betta let im know .poor buggas on skid row right now livin in a humpy eatin $1 noodles and local wildlife that he snares tryin to get his life togetha .Smaks of the ol Rodriguez scam where the poor bugga was huge and sold more records in South Africa than Elvis and didnt get a cent in royalties and slaved away and ruined his body as a builders labourer in detroit oblivious to his fame in South Africa and ended up commiting suicide on stage at a gig that wasnt going well by pouring petrol all over himself and then setting fire to himself .Lets help save Phil .This is an old photo of him his father is a reprobate and together they used to terrorise Stockton with their dog crossed with a wolf .Has anyone seen them

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Only in Americam (or Australia)" started by wal269