Forums > Kitesurfing General

Ozone C4 Kiteloops Video

Created by snoidberg > 9 months ago, 11 Mar 2010
snoidberg
QLD, 414 posts
11 Mar 2010 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

just edited a little video of me trying out the C4 7m for the 1st time, was all shot in 1 sesh at caloundra passage

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
11 Mar 2010 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool !!

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
11 Mar 2010 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Nice

Good tune too

Ignore the inevitable slating by the usual suspects.

Kitehard
WA, 2782 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Mar 2010 4:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Snoidberg,

OK they ain't Lenton loops, but it sure looked like you were enjoying the C4 none the less.

Good for you! Were you using shorter than standard length lines? Looked like 20's.

He who smiles most wins!

Cheers,

KH

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
11 Mar 2010 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

Good loopin' son

snoidberg
QLD, 414 posts
11 Mar 2010 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

yeah i used 20m lines and then 15m lines halfway through the day, I dont like useing 25s cheers

Addikt
WA, 551 posts
11 Mar 2010 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

I want one ;)

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
11 Mar 2010 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

Nice. Takes big nuts to start throwing loops.

I wish.

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
11 Mar 2010 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

try to get some more height next time, you're not releasing your edge well and not sending the kite hard enough. if you get some more height, the kite will loop and the catch you on the way back down. much easier on the knees and it will look a lot more gnarly from the sidelines

Marcus45
QLD, 91 posts
11 Mar 2010 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

Looked awesome..I think I was kiting there that day, I saw the camera on a tripod? One thing I noticed in the vid was how fast the tide runs out, looked like rapids. (ps. went for a late kite down golden beach, wind was up around 30+knots. Hoping tomorow (friday 10th) is going to be windy.) cheers Marcus

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
12 Mar 2010 12:30AM
Thumbs Up

Neill said...

try to get some more height next time, you're not releasing your edge well and not sending the kite hard enough. if you get some more height, the kite will loop and the catch you on the way back down. much easier on the knees and it will look a lot more gnarly from the sidelines

I gather that was with tongue in cheek?

Kurt Savage
QLD, 138 posts
12 Mar 2010 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

at least you have all those people on the swimming beach to catch your gear if you have a equipment breakage!

darylkiter
WA, 42 posts
12 Mar 2010 6:53AM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Dont think so they were riding on the other side of the current and the wind direction would have taken the kite well away from those people you could see at the start of the clip +++ the tide was ripping out and taking the kite away from the beach

Nice loops evan keep at it you are going to be very good at them and wots the name of that last trick

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
12 Mar 2010 7:03AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like you've got them nailed.....nice.

snoidberg
QLD, 414 posts
12 Mar 2010 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

darylkiter said...

^^^
Nice loops evan keep at it you are going to be very good at them and wots the name of that last trick

i like to call that 1 the old hand slide semi loop to face in lines

Kurt Savage
QLD, 138 posts
12 Mar 2010 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

red thumb away kiddies

The loops are amazing and great - much respect and admiration for sure - I'm too scared to try it with my old buggered body!

Just a bad place to do it darylkiter - I was there to and also on other days when he is looping...

Could easily end up on that beach in a se.

I just want to be able to kite that spot for ever and a day and not see it eventually banned

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
12 Mar 2010 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

Kurt Savage said...

red thumb away kiddies

The loops are amazing and great - much respect and admiration for sure - I'm too scared to try it with my old buggered body!

Just a bad place to do it darylkiter - I was there to and also on other days when he is looping...

Could easily end up on that beach in a se.

I just want to be able to kite that spot for ever and a day and not see it eventually banned

I don't think Evan's loops will cause that! There's been worse at the passage since day one. Like handle pass attempts 5m from the beach, gumbies around the red buoy, kites blowing untethered to the boardwalk. Evan uses a leash and land 90% of his tricks.

Most of Evan's stuff is done when it's uncomfortable on the beach for swimmers. Even in the video there's only 4 or 5 in the water and Evan is kiting level with the steps and nowhere near the flags.

Its the d1ckheads who overestimate their skills and underestimate the conditions that we should be worried about.

Your old buggered body seem s to loop alright

tatkins
QLD, 344 posts
13 Mar 2010 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

looptastic

andyy
QLD, 232 posts
13 Mar 2010 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Evan, you are the man!!!!

At Halo 3 however, you are not ;)

snoidberg
QLD, 414 posts
13 Mar 2010 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

andyy said...

Evan, you are the man!!!!

At Halo 3 however, you are not ;)

SCUM! Ive givein up on halo 3, but ill kick your ass in rockband and mustache hero

kitethrills
QLD, 185 posts
14 Mar 2010 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome!! I heard that your loops have gotten even crazier after this sesh, so how about a 2nd take when the cyclone is in next week? Next time though, give a shout out to the camera lady ;)

@ Marcus45: no tripods involved unfortunately, just a cheapy non-Hi-def cam and the motivation to keep shooting when your freezing :)

Eve (at work)

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
14 Mar 2010 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Evan has earned a new nickname:

superlooperlopolous

(reference to Greek style mo and beard in there!)

snoidberg
QLD, 414 posts
15 Mar 2010 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

kitethrills said...

Awesome!! I heard that your loops have gotten even crazier after this sesh, so how about a 2nd take when the cyclone is in next week? Next time though, give a shout out to the camera lady ;)

@ Marcus45: no tripods involved unfortunately, just a cheapy non-Hi-def cam and the motivation to keep shooting when your freezing :)

Eve (at work)

Yeah, thanks for shooting eve and evo, u dutch are the the best.
Not sure about this cyclone tho

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
15 Mar 2010 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

coward!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Ozone C4 Kiteloops Video" started by snoidberg