Ozone Enduro

Created by techtonic > 9 months ago, 26 Sep 2016
techtonic
WA, 72 posts
26 Sep 2016 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Gday
Just wondering if any Enduro riders would know
Which Enduro size would be closer power wise, to a 13m Edge (2013)
12m or 14m?
And is it the usual overlap of quiver sizes for this model?
I would assume that power delivery would not be too similar to a race kite, so answering not so straight forward.
Would a 14 Enduro turn quicker than a 13 Edge?
Just looking at eventually upgrading kites due to a little more progress on directionals.
And my 13m is always my first reference point. Between my Rebel and Edge its been the magic number for 3 years up here.

Thanks in advance

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
27 Sep 2016 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

... just playing devils advocate,,,,, but apparently the 14m Enduro has similar power to the previous Zephyr V4 so logic says pick the smaller one especially if your progressing towards directionals but clearly they are very different kites too so how they deliver power will be different.

Robbie

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
27 Sep 2016 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

Hi techtonic and Robbie

The 14M Enduro will be closest in grunt and pulling power compared to the 13 Edge V8, but the Enduro turns tighter. Edge goes upwind better and with the right experienced rider behind it will have the better hangtime, but both will have similar jump height.
I rate the 14 Enduro, on the wave setting, as a really good wave kite for light winds for me 77kg, and probably the best option on the market for bigger guys in the 90/95kg+ range for directional riding in surf.

I felt in the Zephyr V4 2015/16 models, that they were better suited to a bigger, heavier rider and that with the right board under my feet I could get almost the same bottom end with my 14M Enduro. This was influenced a lot by the fact I only ride in waves and there are always waves here at home, and that Zephyr for me, was too grunty and required too much bar pressure to be fun and nimble enough for use in the surf, it was fine to get pulled downwind and for flat water though, and clearly lots of people love them.

techtonic
WA, 72 posts
27 Sep 2016 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers guys.
Makes sense

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Ozone Enduro" started by techtonic