Forums > Kitesurfing General

PKR 2015/2016 Events Planning

Created by PKR > 9 months ago, 6 Apr 2015
PKR
WA, 217 posts
6 Apr 2015 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

We going to start working on next summers event calendar.
Need your feed-back on the events from last summer.
What did you like, didn't like, suggestions, comments, recommendations.
What do you want more of, want do you want less of.
Type of events, etc etc.... Speak up now or forever hold your peace.
Please comment here or add to the discussion at www.facebook.com/groups/perthkiteracing/
Constructive comments & tone please!

Some of last summers PKR events;
Season Opener
King of Carnac
Catalpa Classic - Rockingham to Freo
Cock of the Swan ( long distance race around the swan river )
Rocking Regatta
Sunday Club Racing
State Titles
Around the Sound ( Woodies to Rockingham and back)

We have scope to add even more new events and some different formats/types building on last season.

L2L
WA, 195 posts
6 Apr 2015 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

The Red Bull L2L 2015 is scheduled for Saturday 5th, with a first reserve day of Sunday 6th. As well, we will seek approval for further reserve days on the 12th and 13th December too in the event of low / no wind on the 5th / 6th.

loftsofwind
QLD, 226 posts
6 Apr 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Everytime i see ‘PKR’ I think it’s to do with the world tour, But then I see events for weekend warriors which is a good thing but my expectations get let down.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
7 Apr 2015 10:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
L2L said..
The Red Bull L2L 2015 is scheduled for Saturday 5th, with a first reserve day of Sunday 6th. As well, we will seek approval for further reserve days on the 12th and 13th December too in the event of low / no wind on the 5th / 6th.

thats awesome!What regattas are scheduled around those dates @PKR?Keen to hang for a few weeks in WA and kite/ foil heaps!

PKR
WA, 217 posts
7 Apr 2015 9:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
INTHELOOP said..

L2L said..

thats awesome!What regattas are scheduled around those dates @PKR?Keen to hang for a few weeks in WA and kite/ foil heaps!

Pencil in the 2-4 December for a regatta at the PKR Club home venue.
Regular weekend club racing in play as well as a warm-up.

We also have some TT:R action planned for the Twin Tip crew

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
8 Apr 2015 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

Are dates clashing with Sail Melbourne?SM might be a no go this year anyways because i don't see too many FK people registering there.

AndyHansen
WA, 278 posts
8 Apr 2015 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Sail Melb 7-13 December 2015. There were 12 local AUS FK entries last year, be interesting to see how many this year.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
9 Apr 2015 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

i guess depends if any Wa FK racers come down. Maybe only a handful from East coast this year?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"PKR 2015/2016 Events Planning" started by PKR