Forums > Kitesurfing General

Pacasmayo Surf and Kite surf trip April 11 to 22 2017

Created by castill0jf > 9 months ago, 27 Apr 2017
castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
27 Apr 2017 4:26AM
Thumbs Up

I planned this trip one year ago. When I read about the floods and the Hwy being washed out by the over flow of the rivers my trip had a problem
I found out the flying from Lima to CHiclayo (1 hour fly) then taking a Taxi trip was the best way to get there.
The taxi one way was $60 USA from Chiclayo to the hotel El Faro (almost two hours) The plane ticket about $175 USA round trip. A shuttle can take you from Miraflores to the Airport for $ 8 dollars but you only have a few spots to get on and can take from one hour to 3 hours due to traffic. Saturday and Sundays have a lot less traffic, A taxi ride is 35 minutes with no traffic and about $ 40 USA dollars. Monday thru Friday traffic is very BAD and can take up to 3 hours from Miraflores to the airport www.airportexpresslima.com/timetables/miraflores-to-airport/ . The Bus ticket to Pacasmayo from Lima is $ 40 USD dollars (120 soles) round trip (Exclusiva is the bus company www.civa.com.pe/servicios/excluciva) but it was not possible due to the floods.
Of the 10 days the wind started at 11 am and sometimes at 3 pm due to the ocean water is to warm. I did not use a wet suit but everyone else was using a full wet suit.
I kited 9 days and surfed 10 days. I used a 12 meter NEO 2015 most of the time. Also I was over power sometime because the wind was stronger half way down the coast. At the point where the best wave is the wind is 5 or more knots lighter. This is the second time I kite surf there but I have been surfing this spot for 35 years because the wave is so long and the bigger the better. The winds is side off shore and there were a few kites that were rescue. Lost of fishing boats so help is near by
I will be going again next year. The waves of INdo are a lot better but Peru is an adventure
These are a few pictures and I have 60 hours of video. Someday I will have the time to edit the video
the empoyee (edgar, jimmy , william, nico, segundo, oscar and many more and the owner of the hotel are amazing and will go beyond to make you feel welcome
The food at the hotel is very good and the rooms are great
you can kite from the point to the pier but the wind must be strong. I will not pass the hotel. The wind gets lighter closer to the pier.

I did a few trips in Peru
cajamarca 3 hours from pacasmayo
paracas flat water heaven (20 knots) and good night life and lots of to do. Also a few waves sport for kiting . Talk to the local kite shop
punta caballoas ica 40 plus knots most days , good waves but off shore. Nobody will help you if you get in trouble. That trip was as adventure with my good friend from school Manuel. Driving at night with a compass in the middle of the dessert. The dirt road was washed by the flood but we arrived safe to the spot
Peru is food heaven.
if you can only take one kite would be a 12.
I took 5, 7, 9 and 12. I used them all.

www.elfaropacasmayo.com/

www.facebook.com/jaime.r.melgarejo

www.facebook.com/olaspacasmayo

cheers

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
27 Apr 2017 7:28AM
Thumbs Up

Great info! It's high on my list of places to hit. Cheers!

CJ2478
NSW, 484 posts
27 Apr 2017 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

Great little write-up and thanks for including the pics.

Is the accomodation you stayed in those tents? Did it cost you anything?

How long were you in Peru for?

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
27 Apr 2017 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

The tent setup was on on different spot. The hotel have different prices for each room. i was in Peru for 1 month. There are other hotels, motels and room at Pacasmayo, the best time to go is from April to October. May is magic but it can be on fire for weeks any time during the winter months,

. beta.windguru.cz/station/552

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
28 Apr 2017 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

the owner of the hotel El Faro is Jaime Rojas and he is the best mate you can have. anywhere in the world. You can see him on the second picture. He cooked the best BQ iand a very good waterman cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Pacasmayo Surf and Kite surf trip April 11 to 22 2017" started by castill0jf