Forums > Kitesurfing General

Penrith Cable Skiing - Memberships

Created by kyteryder > 9 months ago, 12 Sep 2009
kyteryder
NSW, 692 posts
12 Sep 2009 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Great news all,

It has just been announced that unlimited memberships for the Penrith cable Skiing Park, which will open later this year are available; - Memberships are for 6 months

You have to be a member of wake.com.au to be elligible

www.wake.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=26523

Price: $990
Duration: December 2009-May 2010 (6 month pass)
Payment methods: Direct deposit / Credit Card (details will be sent to you once your spot is confirmed)

kitebored
NSW, 561 posts
12 Sep 2009 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

YoMoFo
NSW, 240 posts
12 Sep 2009 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Why is it nearly $300 more expensive then Cairns!!!!!!!!!!
**** thats expensive.
Even bli bli is $220 per 6 months cheaper!

I'm just pissed off cause I know i'm gunna pay it

monkey
NSW, 251 posts
12 Sep 2009 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Man now a Cable ski park in Sydney is waayyy overdue!!
But $990!!?!?!?%%^

Time to find a board that works well off a cable and a kite!
Hmmm maybe the SS recoil...

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
12 Sep 2009 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

I dunno, that's not too bad if you go frequently:

$990 over 25 weeks @ 1 visit every week = $40 per visit

If you live reasonably close to the park why would you NOT get one?

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
12 Sep 2009 12:47PM
Thumbs Up

I heard they aren't offering memberships to kiters under the notion that they talk way to much smack and do way to many carves under the cable and f#ck everyone up.

A good SS crossover board would be anything but the Recoil. It's got the most rocker and it's a 3 stage which sucks kiting. The Reflex would be the most suited SS board for both.

A gorilla is nothing to pay for a 6 month membership! All these kite kooks are happy paying 1200 for a dangle board.... Spend that on a membership and pick up a cheap wakeboard package and you can ride everyday.
3 kites and a board is going to cost you at least 5 thousand and you aren't even guarenteed a ride!

bennie
ACT, 1258 posts
12 Sep 2009 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

If they are only open till may, they must be closing for winter, like they used too. That sux as winter is the time I am most likely to make the trip when there is no wind,

myusernam
QLD, 6123 posts
12 Sep 2009 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

GalahOnTheBay said...

buy a cheap ski boat with a few mates and it'll cost you $7 an afternoon each (4 pers) maybe $10 if you do a lot. Probably sell it for what you paid for it if you are savvy in several years time. cheap inboard skiboat $4 - $7k (might have to do a bit of tidying up. Build a skytower out of some old gal pipe on the cheap. Revel in the ugliness. can go to lakes over the weekend camping, take girls party nekid etc
Paying $ 1k for 6 months is robbery IMHO.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
12 Sep 2009 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

if i were to get membership id go atleast 2 - 3times a week = 13-20 pw which id pay for sure...

reflex or even the new darkside is the money cross over board for cable / kite

problem with ski boats = maintenance, no sliders and kickers, cheap boat = baby wake = no pop = boring after 3 sessions

schmik
NSW, 235 posts
14 Sep 2009 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

if i were to get membership id go atleast 2 - 3times a week = 13-20 pw which id pay for sure...

problem with ski boats = maintenance, no sliders and kickers, cheap boat = baby wake = no pop = boring after 3 sessions

How much wake does the cable make?

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
14 Sep 2009 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

myusernam said...

GalahOnTheBay said...

buy a cheap ski boat with a few mates and it'll cost you $7 an afternoon each (4 pers) maybe $10 if you do a lot. Probably sell it for what you paid for it if you are savvy in several years time. cheap inboard skiboat $4 - $7k (might have to do a bit of tidying up. Build a skytower out of some old gal pipe on the cheap. Revel in the ugliness. can go to lakes over the weekend camping, take girls party nekid etc
Paying $ 1k for 6 months is robbery IMHO.

Yer thats a fairly good idea and would be fun in itself but... What about the sliders and kickers? do you realise how much they cost? to build a good big funbox with HDPE sheeting is going to cost you well over 1 grand. Not to mention there are probably like 2 or 3 kickers and 6 or 7 rails at most good parks.
That is what I am paying for when I go there and rightly so I guess.
There is no point going to cable if you aren't going to hit sliders and kickers, it would be a waste of money and time.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
14 Sep 2009 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

schmik said...

Charl dv said...

How much wake does the cable make?

cable has a good continuous pull angle and runs through corners so you can load an edge and pop just like you would kiting, add in the fact that there is a large variety of obstacles to hit in between = gold

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
14 Sep 2009 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

the fact that there is a large variety of obstacles to hit in between = carnage

Fixed that for you

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
14 Sep 2009 9:30PM
Thumbs Up

i forgot to mention carnage = good
good = fun
fun= good
good = what we want

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
14 Sep 2009 10:45PM
Thumbs Up

come to think of it im about to drop nearly 1.5x that to go for two weeks..

damn i wish one would open again in perth.. should convert that lake near leedy, use like a quarter of it or sometthing

moon waxing
WA, 307 posts
14 Sep 2009 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

should convert that lake near leedy, use like a quarter of it or sometthing

Or one of the lakes around Burswood, central and easily accessible by public transport.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Penrith Cable Skiing - Memberships" started by kyteryder