Forums > Kitesurfing General

Philippines

Created by GA81 > 9 months ago, 12 Oct 2012
GA81
NSW, 1 posts
12 Oct 2012 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys.

I'm thinking of heading to the Philippines in January for 10days of kiting.
I'm thinking of doing a 5 island tour via boat to kite in different spots and then 5days in Boracay or somewhere similar.

Just wondered if anyone has been there and good give advise on the better places to end up?? if it's possible (and I know it's unlikely) but looking for somewhere not to crowded. Currently doing my research, but always good to get others opinion.

I'm fairly new to kiting so just looking for flat water and good times.

G.

SUPSurferQLD
QLD, 317 posts
12 Oct 2012 8:03PM
Thumbs Up

Boracay is crowded.

One word: Seco Island. Flat , crystal clear water. Bombing 25+kts. I still dream of the day I will return.

bootman44
VIC, 5 posts
23 Oct 2012 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

Check out union beach, just 10mins from boracay. Same conditions as boracay but no crowds, awesome spot!

jp747
1553 posts
24 Oct 2012 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Seco Island? where is that ? am in Negros and first I've heard of it..Googling skills probably at lowest but worth a look..try Cuyo flat and nukin' as well island in the middle of nowhere, inexpensive food, brew and all...worth a look for you guys..

T.O.D
WA, 57 posts
24 Oct 2012 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

heading to siargao island in feb 2013, was there this year and last year surfing (september- october) in place called borgos, up the top of the island from cloud 9 (surf spot). Place looks like it be unreal for wave kiting (flat water for 100metre or so, then left hand reef all along the back, for about 3-4kms. Wind season there is from november till march (amihan). Guys up there that surf say spose to get really strong that time of year. Lined up me accom there then for $150 for the month, beers cost me 1.20 and just hire cook for month for $100. Just buy fresh fish and veg in the markets there. Just thought give a bit of info on 1 island, but so many islands over there that would have strong wind. I just like to kitesurf wave, not so much into flat water kiting...cheers tez

happypants44
NSW, 27 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hey folks
Is there anywhere to hire or borrow gear other than boracay?
Have been here for a while and have a monh or 2 to go and not that keen on heading to boracay unless I have to
Just not that into crowds!
Didn't want to spend a few months pulling my gear around but now wishing I had as the wind has kicked in!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Philippines" started by GA81