Forums > Kitesurfing General

Print on Kite

Created by peacekeeper > 9 months ago, 20 Feb 2008
peacekeeper
SA, 31 posts
20 Feb 2008 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone know/have experience with how to print logos or graphic on to a kite?

I imagine it will be done through a screen printing process.

A marketing dude has asked me to find out, as they are thinking about getting a kite made up as a marketing tool with their logo highly visible. It could be a 1 colour process

Cost?

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
20 Feb 2008 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

If they need someone to fly their kite at the beach 3 times a week - for no charge - then tell them to call me - I will give them max exposure

I think there was a post a while ago on printing on kites - might be older than a year though - try a search

peacekeeper
SA, 31 posts
20 Feb 2008 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Cheers - he is a good starting point.

Tried a search on print - found nothing relevant

Paradox
QLD, 1326 posts
20 Feb 2008 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Give him a call, he is happy to discuss what it might cost. I casually asked about it the other day when talking to him about a repair.

It generally takes a bit more than you think as he has to remove the struts to get a flat surface - unless your graphic is small enough to fit in-between.

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
20 Feb 2008 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

Monkey kites allow you to design your own graphics on their kites. you might like to give them a go. I hope the company u work for will be coving the cost of teh kite

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
20 Feb 2008 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

You could try contacting Choice kitesurfing.
They may have some valuable info for you
There is a sponsor link off this site.

atomic
WA, 94 posts
20 Feb 2008 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

you would have to custom order your kite to come plain white [or what ever colour you want to start with]... this would be an expensive option and then you have to make the logo ect to go on it with out looking silly when in the arc shape and then finally you will have something for 2 years before its out dated and has no resale value. i guess it could be hung up on a wall or in a big enough room pumped up on the ceiling though.

schmik
NSW, 235 posts
21 Feb 2008 12:38AM
Thumbs Up

Ozone used to offer custom kites for their foils, you never know they may do it for an inflato.

Flysurfer allow you to do custom colors. Just get a white one or any solid color.

mike

koma
VIC, 760 posts
21 Feb 2008 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

schmik said...

Ozone used to offer custom kites for their foils, you never know they may do it for an inflato.

Flysurfer allow you to do custom colors. Just get a white one or any solid color.

mike

I know for a fact that Ozone did a custom quiver of 3 Instinct Edge's for a Spanish promotional company. Had custom graphics on custom black and red kites. No idea what it would've cost them though.

Aciiiiid
QLD, 26 posts
22 Feb 2008 1:01AM
Thumbs Up

Might be too late to offer my advice but it's simple, screenprinting would be the easiest, mask and ink (keep in mind compatibility with the kite material and solvents), airbrushing with a permanent fabric paint. There's plenty of options. 3M make some impressive Self adhesive films that would work perfectly.

My advice is contact a trade qualified Signy or Airbrush artist in your area. That or ship the kite to me and ill sort it out in my workshop

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
22 Feb 2008 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

Yea, I want to fly a company kite

There should be www.seabreeze.com.au kites eh Laurie.

peacekeeper
SA, 31 posts
22 Feb 2008 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome - thanks for the inputs guys!

pynnee
WA, 164 posts
22 Feb 2008 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

i did my own a few months back. you know the sticky book cover **** all parents coat their kids school books in??? the stuff you pick up from the corner store and big W ect. ummmm cant remember what it is called. well cut that out and stick it on. you get so much variety it looks wicked!!! i have no artistic skill so if you do it would turn out amazing!

meerkat
WA, 644 posts
22 Feb 2008 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

there are plenty of taggers hanging about at most train stations. They could do you a quick spray job in no time.

Only problem is most of them are illeter illate ilater can't spell, so you might struggle.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Print on Kite" started by peacekeeper