Forums > Kitesurfing General

ReJects Run

Created by Weta > 9 months ago, 28 Oct 2011
Weta
WA, 893 posts
28 Oct 2011 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Just a thought but maybe for those of us that have missed out on the L2L we could do a long downwinder on the same day to ease the pain.

Lano to Wedge "The ReJects Run"

DaCurls
WA, 134 posts
28 Oct 2011 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

lano to jurien.......now your talking

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
29 Oct 2011 1:26AM
Thumbs Up

Weta said...

Just a thought but maybe for those of us that have missed out on the L2L we could do a long downwinder on the same day to ease the pain.

Lano to Wedge "The ReJects Run"

Perhaps if skill level was the only criteria, then you could call it a rejects run.

There will be the same quality of tallent in your downwinder as the L2L- guaranteed

Keep rippin.

blake eddas
WA, 44 posts
29 Oct 2011 1:44AM
Thumbs Up

They have there L2L we should have our L2L too ledge to lano? not the best of runs but still a L2L

Weta
WA, 893 posts
29 Oct 2011 3:56AM
Thumbs Up

blake eddas said...

They have there L2L we should have our L2L too ledge to lano? not the best of runs but still a L2L

M8 the L2W run will take about 2+ hours great water good wind & some nice waves

Hunter S
WA, 516 posts
29 Oct 2011 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

blake eddas said...

Pole envy

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
29 Oct 2011 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

I'm in.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
30 Oct 2011 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Well lets organise something, no prizes, just bragging rights

wal269
WA, 718 posts
30 Oct 2011 1:59PM
Thumbs Up

A few of us did a Lano to Wedge downwinder last season.

Not racing, just hitting waves.

Good fun, does take a while though- 2 hours at least if you are hitting waves.

Plenty to hit, on the beach or on the reef's.Lefts and Rights. Plenty of space for everyone.

Need minimum 2 m swell to make it worthwhile, wind usually isn't a prob.

Will prob do it again this season.

iti
QLD, 417 posts
30 Oct 2011 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

im in

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
31 Oct 2011 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

I'd be keen as

Weta
WA, 893 posts
31 Oct 2011 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Good to see some interest pm me if your keen and we'll get things happening.

My 2 cents is maybe we should do it on another day than the race so those that want can support waksa and the L2L which is a great event and will only get better.

For those that have done the Lano to Wedge run before any useful info would be appreciated.

We'll need support vehicles and a boat and a shack up at wedge with cold beer would be a bonus too

Torch
WA, 521 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Logisticly, Ledge to Lano would be easier, with better established facilities at the end.
Its a shorter run so a support boat shouldn't be required.

I've got a decent boat to offer for the cause but not keen on taking it up to Wedge

I agree we shouldn't do it on the same day as the L2L as so not to undermine the excellent effort WAKSA are doing and I think the L2L is such an awesome event, but to be honest, I couldn't be bothered sitting around and watching others have fun when I could be out there.

Again, Im in

Jonopark
WA, 400 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Count me in!
Also 1 triton dual cab 4*4 on offer to use

Andrash
WA, 637 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

I really like the L2W idea with the coldies at the end. If any chance of doing it on a Sunday, I am in. I don't see a rescue boat an absolute necessity (unless it carries coldies on the way ). Anyone who considers it should be competent and reasonably fit. If there are at least 5 riders, anything goes pear shape we would be enough to sort things out.

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

I think KISS principle applies.

ie You are responsible for your ass. If you feel safer having a 4x4 following you down then your responsibility to organise that.
Don't go out further than your prepared to swim in..... and so on

The more stuff that needs to be organised the more complicated it becomes.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Sunday is sets on the beach in Scarborogh, im out

If we have it the weekend before, it can be a warm up for L2L, more people

Yep look after your own arse, dont kite out more than your willing to swim

Sat 26th Nov or Sat 3rd Dec?

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Weta said...

My 2 cents is maybe we should do it on another day than the race so those that want can support waksa and the L2L which is a great event and will only get better.

Mark, thanks for making this comment.

All those involved with organising L2L absolutely appreciate that there are a number of somewhat disappointed crew who didn't get their name drawn from the hat this year. As the event grows, we can only hope that the number of disappointed kiters is fewer each year.

This event is an iconic event for kiting in WA. The more support we have from kiters on the beach on the day builds the atmosphere. The atmosphere @ Leighton beach was electric to say the least, as we all watched 50 kiters racing across from Rotto.

This year, there will be 100 kites on the water....please come down to Leighton on 3rd December to watch your fellow members - this time, twice as many as last year - blasting across Gauge Roads....besides, we need a few volunteers to help run the day...

Juddy

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

I agree make the date for this not to coincide 11th Dec.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
31 Oct 2011 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

WAKSA. said...

Weta said...

Mark, thanks for making this comment.

All those involved with organising L2L absolutely appreciate that there are a number of somewhat disappointed crew who didn't get their name drawn from the hat this year. As the event grows, we can only hope that the number of disappointed kiters is fewer each year.

This event is an iconic event for kiting in WA. The more support we have from kiters on the beach on the day builds the atmosphere. The atmosphere @ Leighton beach was electric to say the least, as we all watched 50 kiters racing across from Rotto.

This year, there will be 100 kites on the water....please come down to Leighton on 3rd December to watch your fellow members - this time, twice as many as last year - blasting across Gauge Roads....besides, we need a few volunteers to help run the day...

Juddy

Do you need a support boat?

Weta
WA, 893 posts
31 Oct 2011 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Okay KISS sounds like a good call just a simple DW for competent kiters only.

Think a support vehicle with cold drinks etc. meeting us at Narrowneck and then following us up is a good idea.

The weekend before or after the L2L works for me.

Thanks for the comment Juddy

Weta
WA, 893 posts
31 Oct 2011 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

The weekend of the 10th & 11th of December looks to be the best date atm.

Hunter S
WA, 516 posts
31 Oct 2011 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome idea. been busting to do that stretch of coast. Hope there's some swell

ApatheticEnd
WA, 995 posts
31 Oct 2011 2:47PM
Thumbs Up

In if it goes off.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
31 Oct 2011 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

On the 10th of December, meet at Hitlers park at 10 go when the wind picks up, sound good?

iti
QLD, 417 posts
31 Oct 2011 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

On the 10th of December, meet at Hitlers park at 10 go when the wind picks up, sound good?

i gather lano

Bully
WA, 170 posts
31 Oct 2011 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

L2W is a sick run, could always back it up with a W2Cervantes the next day if you got lance armstrong legs, unsure about the W2C stretch but just putting it out there. anyone else done it? Heaps of room would be good fun with a good crew smackin lips and doin flips...or teabagging 40kms

nice long walk if you break something half way, perhaps a ducky with a 15hp as support if anyone has one? easy beach launch?

I am not sure you could drive the whole stretch along the beach in a support vehicle if you wanted one

win or lose, its all about froffies and war stories on the beach at the end

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
31 Oct 2011 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

How about meeting somewhere else in town? that many kiters is likely to upset Werner and guaranteed someone will accidentally pump up in the park. It happened a few times last year with bus loads coming up for the L2W down-winder and it just upsets the apple-cart more than necesary.

Getting all the way up the coast on the beach from L2W will be a tough drive depending on the tides and you will also need to check whether the bombing range is in use because the beach may be closed???

Weta
WA, 893 posts
31 Oct 2011 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Torch 10th or 11th of December depending on wind & swell. I'd prefer to do it on Saturday the 10th and camp somewhere up there even if its at cervantes now that camping is banned at wedge; hence the prompt for someone with a shack to sing out.

I wouldn't launch from in front of the park thought either south or north point??

As far as support vehicle access goes Bully the run along the beach from Lano to Narrowneck is pretty soft sand but i think if we have a vehicle meet us at Narrowneck and follow from there on we'd be cool. There's a good break around narrowneck so we would prob want to hang around there for a while anyway.

Thoughts; suggestions???

Chris6791
WA, 3271 posts
31 Oct 2011 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Lano Sea Rescue have recently plotted a course to Wedge along the inside of the reef, perhaps some liquid currency could get them to do a 'training' run that day?

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
31 Oct 2011 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

I like the idea of meeting in town, maybe at Lurch's, then have options on where to put in depending on conditions.

Having a beach sweep at the end would be cool, but if we look out for each other then there should be no dramas.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"ReJects Run" started by Weta