Forums > Kitesurfing General

Recycling old and unwanted Kite Sails

Created by Upcycled > 9 months ago, 30 Oct 2009
Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
30 Oct 2009 4:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hello I'm another Kiwi living in Australia. I am self employed. I am right into creating things by Upcycling the old and un-wanted into Funky "One off Designs" I spent 10 years in New Zealand Recycling 1960's-1970's furniture in Unique furniture pieces which I sold through galleries and online. I also made satchels/bags for Laptops, Wine, Lp's, Nappies, Family gear, beach bags by Recycling Advertising Billboards. I am now Recycling unwanted sails into man bags suitable for the beach the gym or what eva you are into. If you have any Sails/Kite Sails I can have I will do a trade by making a bag just for you out off your very own Sail/Kite Sails. So please contact me for my address. 0416040538 Cheers Vickie

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
30 Oct 2009 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Noice one.

ricko
WA, 44 posts
30 Oct 2009 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

bro

Dj Atak
WA, 73 posts
31 Oct 2009 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

great idea vickie!! after rippimg my 9m in half(unrepairable) my girlfriend been the artist she is made me a bag out of it. and im stoked . it turned out amazing to say the least. she made a further 3 more bags from the 9m. she has just finished making 5 more bags from a 14m naish. and monday she will pick up another kite. GO GIRLS!!!!

sillymanwithamoustache
TAS, 97 posts
31 Oct 2009 8:53PM
Thumbs Up

DJ taka said...

great idea vickie!! after rippimg my 9m in half(unrepairable) my girlfriend been the artist she is made me a bag out of it. and im stoked . it turned out amazing to say the least. she made a further 3 more bags from the 9m. she has just finished making 5 more bags from a 14m naish. and monday she will pick up another kite. GO GIRLS!!!!

mind posting some photos man, i'd be keen to see what they look like... the bag that is not the girl

Dj Atak
WA, 73 posts
31 Oct 2009 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

here is a couple of snaps. as you can see very basic. fully recycled and very practical.

Trem
WA, 49 posts
31 Oct 2009 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

I want one

gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
31 Oct 2009 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

Kiwis are even more creative than aussies.

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
1 Nov 2009 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

gruezi said...

Kiwis are even more creative than aussies.

Good One Dude, wanta buy one? Check my website for my other Recycled stuff
www.upcycled.com.au

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
1 Nov 2009 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

DJ taka said...

here is a couple of snaps. as you can see very basic. fully recycled and very practical.

Awesome they look awesome, how much do these sell for? I'm going to launch my new bags at Woodford Folk Festival. I'll send you a photo soon.

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
1 Nov 2009 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Trem said...

I want one

Yes they are wicked ah! Wanta Recycle a Kite?

I also make wicked bags from Recycled Billboards check my website out www.upcycled.com.au

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
1 Nov 2009 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

sillymanwithamoustache said...

DJ taka said...

mind posting some photos man, i'd be keen to see what they look like... the bag that is not the girl

Yes it's great to be Recycling, I also make bags from Recycled Billboards check my website out www.upcycled.com.au

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
1 Nov 2009 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Upcycled said...

DJ taka said...

Awesome they look awesome, how much do these sell for? I'm going to launch my new bags at Woodford Folk Festival. I'll send you a photo soon.

Bet you get heaps off orders. My idea is just fresh. Girls are good at creating Funky ****...

assmaster
WA, 224 posts
1 Nov 2009 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

Reminds me of when you saw people in the early days of shortboarding wrecking what would be classic and valuable longboards years after by reshaping them and turning them into useless "shortboards".

Dj Atak
WA, 73 posts
2 Nov 2009 11:25PM
Thumbs Up

assmaster said...

Reminds me of when you saw people in the early days of shortboarding wrecking what would be classic and valuable longboards years after by reshaping them and turning them into useless "shortboards".

sorry assmaster but i think you miss understand the concept. no-one is purposely damaging their kites to make recycled useless things.

Upcycled
QLD, 30 posts
7 Nov 2009 11:39AM
Thumbs Up

DJ taka said...

assmaster said...

sorry assmaster but i think you miss understand the concept. no-one is purposely damaging their kites to make recycled useless things.

That's right "RECYCLING" the unwanted un use able into some reuse able. I recycled old advertising billboards into products also, normally they would end up in Landfill. So I enjoy the recycling concept not WRECKING anything dude......

badey
NT, 34 posts
7 Nov 2009 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

looks like rhino slaughter to me...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Recycling old and unwanted Kite Sails" started by Upcycled