Forums > Kitesurfing General

Redcliffe Kitesurfer Slams into Concrete Wall

Created by qfmike737 > 9 months ago, 4 Mar 2012
This topic has been locked
Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
6 Mar 2012 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

We're currently organising a way to take donations for Karice so we can get her over to NZ for the funeral. Kitepower QLD will be making a donation towards the airfares, but we'd love for the kitesurfing community to support her as well.

Stand by for a couple of hours and we'll post details on how to donate both here on Seabreeze.com.au, and we'll send an email out to our mailing lists calling for support.

Mikedobee
NSW, 331 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

I'll help with some cash too. Post some bank details here so everyone that wants to chip in to be able to do so.

Peterc150
VIC, 710 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Condolences to Julian's family and friends for this tragedy. R.I.P.

Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
6 Mar 2012 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hey everyone - thanks for your support.

We did have a page online but have turned it off for a while - we're trying to sort some stuff out with Julians Family in NZ and will let you know once we've got it all sorted out.

bearbusa
QLD, 295 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:50PM
Thumbs Up

Sad day indeed, moving back to margate from WA in april , hopefully all kiters around aus will donate , count me in .

Condolences to all his family

Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
6 Mar 2012 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

I've just hung up the phone after talking to Julians Family in New Zealand, and unfortunately they don't wish for us (or anyone) to take donations to help Karice out at this time. We're looking in to it a little more and will keep everyone informed.

Thankyou to those who managed to get a donation through in the short time we had it available, you've already received an email explaining the situation and your cards haven't been charged.

philponder
2 posts
6 Mar 2012 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

To all,

I'm Julian's brother-in-law and it's fair to say as a family we've suffered a great tragedy in the past few days that none of us saw coming or were prepared for. The family are holding together well and have been warmed by the good wishes posted on this board.

As much as we appreciate the sentiments behind the raising of funds, Julian's family were not approached and as such I've asked Seabreeze to remove the donation we page and refund any monies. To their credit they've done this immediately and I thank them for their sensitivity and urgency. With so much to deal with already this was something extra that Julian's family could do without so I hope you will all understand their reasons.

Once again on behalf of Julian's family I thank all of you for your good wishes and hope that you'll all continue to enjoy your sport and be safe at the same time.

Regards

Phil

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
6 Mar 2012 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

topic locked????

Karice25
3 posts
6 Mar 2012 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

I've only just stumbled across this myself. This should remain private between Jules' family and I cannot accept funds from total strangers. I will get there, and I appreciate the good nature of this forum, however, I'm not comfortable with any of this.

Karice25
3 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Also to Phil, please know I wasn't aware this was going on but regardless I am sorry. If you'd like to talk to me about it please contact me.

philponder
2 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:22PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Karice,

I've just been speaking to Julian's brother and we know that you weren't aware of what was going on. It sounds like some good will just snowballed a bit too quick. Needless to say there's no hard feelings and we do want you to keep in contact.

All the best,

Phil

Karice25
3 posts
6 Mar 2012 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you Phil, I've sent you an email on facebook also.

laurie
WA, 3848 posts
6 Mar 2012 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Out of respect, we'll lock this for now.

Condolences to the family.

Subscribe
Topic Is Locked

This topic has been locked

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Redcliffe Kitesurfer Slams into Concrete Wall" started by qfmike737