Forums > Kitesurfing General

Replacing lines on North 5 line bar 2011.

Created by Slowlerna > 9 months ago, 23 Oct 2016
Slowlerna
WA, 36 posts
23 Oct 2016 7:56AM
Thumbs Up

Line kit was about $300.

Are there any cheaper options and where can I find them in Perth?

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
23 Oct 2016 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Slowlerna,

Depending upon which kit you are after, the price varies. If you need the entire kit which covers front, back, centre, safety fifth, strong lines and all parts of the "Y", then that kit is about $379 and replaces everything except the depower line. It's rare that that kit is needed. We sell all of those parts in single packs like front lines only, middle line only, back lines only etc. We have all the parts to suit most bars from North from about 2009.

To my knowledge, no, you can't buy them "cheap" anywhere. Like trying to buy cheap BMW parts from a BMW dealer.

DM

Slowlerna
WA, 36 posts
23 Oct 2016 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info, cheers

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
23 Oct 2016 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Yeh I just replaced my lines on a 5th bar, except the centre white line below the Y. Unless you ca buy lines in bulk and do your own splicing it's more hassle than it's worth. I looked into it to. Switch lines are similar to norths (old lines from say the 2011 era) but the difference between the front and backs given a high Y, including the fifth that runs all the way up and through the Y to the bar...it's just too much hassle.

I just bought a set and was done with it.

Suppose you you could try and find a second hand bar that has ltitle use...one other option.

Lambie
QLD, 739 posts
23 Oct 2016 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

contact seabreeze member - gdownie

He can make up replacement lines that are top quality and are much better priced than the original lines

PRAWNDOG
WA, 306 posts
23 Oct 2016 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Probably cheaper and easier to buy a new superceded bar and lines

Slowlerna
WA, 36 posts
23 Oct 2016 11:33AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PRAWNDOG said..
Probably cheaper and easier to buy a new superceded bar and lines

There was a newish 5th bar came up on here a few weeks ago. It was a bargain price it went pretty quick.

eppo
WA, 9496 posts
23 Oct 2016 2:05PM
Thumbs Up

5 line bars hard to come by...if you use gdgownie make sure you measure all lines, especially the fifth really carefully. They have to be spot on.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Replacing lines on North 5 line bar 2011." started by Slowlerna