Forums > Kitesurfing General

Riding at Mackay with Adrenalin Rush Sports

Created by JB > 9 months ago, 15 Jul 2014
JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
15 Jul 2014 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Had an awesome day yesterday riding with the Adrenalin Rush team, Joe, Mel, Kai and their team riders out town beach in Mackay. Thought I;d throw up a few of the fun pics I took when I finally came in off the water for a minute or two. Such an awesome area for kiting, and a great bunch of people in the kite community.

Thanks again Adrenalin Rush.

JB

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
15 Jul 2014 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Such an awesome day with great wind. Thanks Naish for spending the time with us over the weekend, our customers were stoked on the new Naish 2015 line up. The Naish Pivot was the standout for most our crew.

Joe

deanrobi
VIC, 641 posts
15 Jul 2014 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

How was the skater to ride

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
15 Jul 2014 7:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
arsa said..
Such an awesome day with great wind. Thanks Naish for spending the time with us over the weekend, our customers were stoked on the new Naish 2015 line up. The Naish Pivot was the standout for most our crew.

Joe

Awesome pics looks like a fun day

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
15 Jul 2014 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
deanrobi said..
How was the skater to ride

Hey Dean,

I'll let the others who tried it reply to your question, but leave you with the fact that it didn't sit on the beach at all the whole day! So much fun.

Fonterello
6 posts
17 Jul 2014 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone comment on how the Pivot compares to the Park? Pluses / Minuses, whats better, what isn't. Maybe comment on your riding style. I'm just an old fat guy 14 Stone, 195lbs, that enjoys jumping, back rolls, front rolls, jump transitions etc.

Thanks

JB
NSW, 2232 posts
Site Sponsor
17 Jul 2014 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Fonterello said..
Can anyone comment on how the Pivot compares to the Park? Pluses / Minuses, whats better, what isn't. Maybe comment on your riding style. I'm just an old fat guy 14 Stone, 195lbs, that enjoys jumping, back rolls, front rolls, jump transitions etc.

Thanks

Probably best to describe the 2015 line up. Previously in your general freeride line you had the Ride, Park and Torch and then the more niche kites like Trip and Draft. For 2015 the Park has been moved more towards the Torches (pro freestyle) end of the freeride spectrum, with a new HD Segmented Canopy in the mid section to deliver a more structured and faster responding kite resulting in a faster responding and higher performance ride suitable for riders wanting the most out of their kite in a bridled "C" and without going all the way to the beast that is the Torch. The Park is great for general freeriding, but also suitable for un-hooked and progressive freestyle moves and suits a rider that demands performance, power and punch. The New addition to the range is the 2015 Pivot, which pretty much slotts right into the gap made by the Park moving further up the gene pool. The Pivot has an amazing ability to turn on a tiny radius (pivot) but not generate excess power whilst doing this. This makes the Pivot an amazing kite for wave riding as re-directing your kite no-longer gives you pulsing power as you loop and re-direct the kite. The Pivot also is awesome for people wanting to kiteloop without the full gut wrenching feel (possibly for people learning kiteloops). It suits riders who generally tend to stay hooked in, however is by no means restricted to this and has amazing drifting abaility and anti-backstalling bridals to ensure to kite stays flying at all sheeting. The Pivot has a huge bottom end and larger depower than the Park. I am hoping one of the crew that has ridden the Pivot and Park will give their experiences also. But based on what you have said, I would say the Pivot is for you!

Hope it helps,

Ride safe,

JB

bigtone667
NSW, 1504 posts
17 Jul 2014 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

What is the board in the pic below?

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
17 Jul 2014 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^2015 Naish Kiteboarding Skater.....

Looks like a good bit of fun!

bigtone667
NSW, 1504 posts
17 Jul 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Gully, are there any specs out on it, or companies selling it. I cannot find much of anything on it.

bigtone667
NSW, 1504 posts
17 Jul 2014 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Stupid spell check, Gilly

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Riding at Mackay with Adrenalin Rush Sports" started by JB