Forums > Kitesurfing General

Rottnest Island Info Please

Created by Akwa > 9 months ago, 6 Mar 2013
Akwa
WA, 255 posts
6 Mar 2013 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone!

Hope you all enjoyed the huge wind today!

I'm planning on going to Rottnest tomorrow with 2 friends of mine. Since there will be a seabreeze in the afternoon I'm thinking of bringing my kite gear.

The guys i'm going with are really only just getting into kiting and boardstarts. I myself am an intermediate kiter.

I am just wondering if there are any bays/beaches on Rotto that are suitable for beginners and intermediate riders? Or are the rocks at Rotto just too dangerous?

Cheers!

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
6 Mar 2013 9:32PM
Thumbs Up

Salmon bay X on, or Bickley Bay X shore, but can be a bit choppy, and if your friends struggle to stay upwind they may end up swimming across Thompsons.
If your still there over the weekend let me know I'll be there too.

Akwa
WA, 255 posts
6 Mar 2013 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

juicerider said...
Salmon bay X on, or Bickley Bay X shore, but can be a bit choppy, and if your friends struggle to stay upwind they may end up swimming across Thompsons.

In fact we have changed the date from tomorrow to friday/saturday. So yes! let's catch up. We'll be kiting on friday, most likely Salmon bay.

Slack
WA, 685 posts
7 Mar 2013 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Salmon Bay is the pick in a SWer

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/kitesurfing-rotto/?SearchTerms=kitesurfing,rotto

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
7 Mar 2013 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

^^ What the idiot above said.

Careful where you launch tho, there can be quite a wind shadow, so best to do a little walk from the steps.

RPM
WA, 1549 posts
7 Mar 2013 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

Akwa said...
juicerider said...

In fact we have changed the date from tomorrow to friday/saturday. So yes! let's catch up. We'll be kiting on friday, most likely Salmon bay.

Nobody has mentioned the 4/5metre great whites that feed over there...

May want to keep that thought in the back of your mind!

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
8 Mar 2013 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Akwa said...
juicerider said...

Looks like you'll get a good kite today at Rotto, I might have a look at Porpoise bay Saturday morning if I get there early enough. Forecast now just an easterly in the morning.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Rottnest Island Info Please" started by Akwa