Forums > Kitesurfing General

Saturday at Narrabeen

Created by Rebel > 9 months ago, 2 Mar 2008
Rebel
NSW, 165 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:21AM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone get any photos at narrabeen on saturday

It was a solid 3 metre swell and a nice 20 knot southerly..
big waves and big wind..

It was an awesome day with only myself and another kiter out there..

Dont underestermate narrabeen

Cheers Al

full.contact
NSW, 89 posts
3 Mar 2008 12:45AM
Thumbs Up

sorry mate - all the fun and photographers were at longreef

was an awsome day though!

Jimmyz
NSW, 446 posts
3 Mar 2008 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

Booyah! Hi Al

I believe we worked up a few onlookers that day . I actually wasn't able to walk up the beach even with my kite 90% depowered lol I had to use my board to get upwind... 14m in 25 knots and gusts even higher (according to wind graphs)... I think it calmed a bit towards th arvo though.

I love it how everyone sticks to longy in those winds... Narra is perfect cross-shore and longy is almost directly onshore so you end up just tracking the beach .

I guess the random wind shadows were a pain though.

Waves were pumping! We both got some pretty good jumps in too

Note: Please stay at Longreef... we get the whole of Narrabeen to ourselves that way

I'd hate to know how many kiters were there... must've been a bit chaotic?

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
3 Mar 2008 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry i could not join u guys, The SMS's from both of you saying how awesome it was did not help my situation. Hopefully the Doc will give me the all clear for this coming weekend.

full.contact
NSW, 89 posts
4 Mar 2008 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

how many at longy? oh I dunno.......maybe 2 on the butter smooth lagoon.....5 or 6 chasing down big waves on the reef and 1 or 2 posing for the camera man

you should have been there

Jimmyz
NSW, 446 posts
4 Mar 2008 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

lex123 said...

Sorry i could not join u guys, The SMS's from both of you saying how awesome it was did not help my situation. Hopefully the Doc will give me the all clear for this coming weekend.

You made me feel bad about saying that . It just means you'll LOVE next seshy MORE! ...

I gotta say, the waves breaking off the reef are great fun... the lagoon is too shallow though, unless they refilled/sealed it off again.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Saturday at Narrabeen" started by Rebel