Forums > Kitesurfing General

Shark attack at Redhead Beach NSW

Created by Joe Cron > 9 months ago, 18 Jan 2012
Joe Cron
NSW, 450 posts
18 Jan 2012 9:59PM
Thumbs Up

www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/441945/surfer-attacked-by-shark-off-redhead-beach/

That's too close to home for me..

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
18 Jan 2012 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

who was it joe?no name as yet?

bellevue
NSW, 221 posts
19 Jan 2012 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

SHARK !!???!!?!??!?

IN THE WATER??!!?!?!?! AT REDHEAD?!?!?!???!!?

MY MUM PROMISED ME THERE WERE NO SHARKS WHEN I GO KITING !! & IF THERE ARE SHE SAID TO KITE NEAR A GERMAN OR A REDHEAD jokes dudes..

DAVE SAID PETE GOT OUT FROM A SURF 20 MINS B4 THE BIG FISH BIT !!!!

IM NOW WEARING MY SHARK SHIELD TO BED. !!

DAZ

stabber
NSW, 1114 posts
19 Jan 2012 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

the report said 40's male, thats the right demographic for us kiters.....

Dawso
NSW, 72 posts
19 Jan 2012 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

I went down to the top car park after hearing about it on the radio, the rumour mill was working overtime with multiple people telling me a Great White took him and they haven't found the body yet.

It's good to hear recent reports that he is in a stable condition in hospital.

The beaches are closed again today, although with bloody good surf this morning a lot of people had ignored it.

rfw1
NSW, 120 posts
19 Jan 2012 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

a couple of guys that kite & surf helped him in at the time one paddled straight out to help him... made sure he was on a wave and then got the next wave ... well done Nathen and big Tone and the others you deserve a farrking medal ,and yes seen Petes van down there earlier as two of my sons Brodie and Jai were out there surfing the same bank 2hrs before hand ...hang in there Lenny heard its big bite (local tattooist) at Charlestown... still choppers and news people everywhere down here at the moment ...

Joe Cron
NSW, 450 posts
19 Jan 2012 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Lenny is a great bloke, could have been any of us,
My best wishes to you Glen, hope you recover fully asap.

Joe Cron
NSW, 450 posts
19 Jan 2012 3:21PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not intending to make light of the situation, but here are some perspective giving thoughts;

www.barnorama.com/20-things-that-kills-more-than-sharks/

www.buzzlol.com/safer-than-peanuts.html

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
19 Jan 2012 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

my brother from Sydney called me and told me .I asked him if he had any plans to drive his car any time soon reminding him that thousands are killed on the roads every year .nothing like a shark attack on a slow news day
Get well soon Lenny .lucky boy

deXtrous
NSW, 451 posts
19 Jan 2012 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Mr float said...

my brother from Sydney called me and told me .I asked him if he had any plans to drive his car any time soon reminding him that thousands are killed on the roads every year .nothing like a shark attack on a slow news day

The difference is how many people are in the water vs how many people are driving in cars... der!

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
19 Jan 2012 6:55PM
Thumbs Up

deXtrous said...

Mr float said...

The difference is how many people are in the water vs how many people are driving in cars... der!

yeah der nod.the thing is SHARKS LIVE IN THE ZFN OCZEZAAN .It is their home and occasionally they attack humans when we visit it. Storm in a tea cup(with all due respect to the poor buggers that have been unlucky enough to become part of a sharks dinner)
Yep when I fall in I am always happy to get back on top of the water .If I get bitten its my bad luck (you can quote me on that one too)

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
19 Jan 2012 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Joe Cron said...

I'm not intending to make light of the situation, but here are some perspective giving thoughts;

www.barnorama.com/20-things-that-kills-more-than-sharks/

www.buzzlol.com/safer-than-peanuts.html

hmmm not sure about dope being safer than peanuts.got a few mates who liked the weed who are no longer with us

Joe Cron
NSW, 450 posts
19 Jan 2012 11:44PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, that one was satire..

Mr float
NSW, 3452 posts
19 Jan 2012 11:51PM
Thumbs Up

Joe Cron said...

Yeah, that one was satire..

I thought it might have been (BTWhows that ounce comin along)

rfw1
NSW, 120 posts
20 Jan 2012 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

lennys leg

harks98
NSW, 102 posts
20 Jan 2012 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody hell ... the poor bloke

Joe Cron
NSW, 450 posts
20 Jan 2012 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

rfw1 said...

lennys leg

Ouch!! that hurts to look at, poor fellow's not going to be sitting comfortably for a while.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Shark attack at Redhead Beach NSW" started by Joe Cron