Forums > Kitesurfing General

Sick of no wind northern beaches other options?

Created by mc > 9 months ago, 26 Jan 2013
mc
NSW, 357 posts
26 Jan 2013 12:53PM
Thumbs Up

I've had it with crap wind , heading north or south tmw from manly , closest beaches for defo wind and waves please , what's the best on the central coast and fast to get to ?. No flat water please otherwise I'd just go to the airport for their usual great summer winds , boat habour maybe but it's still 1.5 hours from manly

Any help appreciated . Anyone fancy joining tmw arvo ??

Mc

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
26 Jan 2013 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Not sure about defo wind anywhere, bit south coast has had a cracking summer so far...

mc
NSW, 357 posts
26 Jan 2013 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

How far south, might try buli or near there , what's the best beach after stanwell. Nice drive going south , avoid pacific highway which is always a bonus

Thanks

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1301 posts
26 Jan 2013 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Head north to Pelicans and do a down winder to Nth entrance wicked fun and no one else out till you hit Entrance area.need two cars for return to start pass go and collect your $200 epic.

colin71
NSW, 64 posts
26 Jan 2013 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

I hear you, it's frustrating. Today was 25kts down at Botany, but only 12kts at Narrabeen! I've ended up buying a 15m kite to deal with it.

JezzaFromCal
43 posts
27 Jan 2013 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

1.5 hours from Manly!? Are you trying to walk or swim your way across? Shouldn't take you more than an hour or so.

mc said...

I've had it with crap wind , heading north or south tmw from manly , closest beaches for defo wind and waves please , what's the best on the central coast and fast to get to ?. No flat water please otherwise I'd just go to the airport for their usual great summer winds , boat habour maybe but it's still 1.5 hours from manly

Any help appreciated . Anyone fancy joining tmw arvo ??

Mc

COL
NSW, 551 posts
27 Jan 2013 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

We had wind Wednesday, Friday & Yesterday. What are you talking about?
Col

mc
NSW, 357 posts
27 Jan 2013 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

you must be kiting another northern beaches, when they are on 8's doen south we are playing with 15-17m kites just to have a play, thats not kiting thats frustrating

gesper
NSW, 517 posts
27 Jan 2013 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

The Gong has also been hit a lot this summer with the 10 -12 knot seabreeze doldrems .Been many times where you would have been sure wind was gunna get up and got skunked only to find out later that down south only 40 mins drive it was blowing 25 all arvo.Between Gerroa and Jervis Bay is where the seabreezes have been most consistent this summer

danza
NSW, 383 posts
28 Jan 2013 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Between Gerroa and JB is amazing , it never ceases to amaze me as we drive down there and follow the coastline from Wollongong and not see one white cap on the water only to eventually see Seven Mile filled with white caps and smoking all the way to JB.

DutchRooster
NSW, 325 posts
28 Jan 2013 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Disappointing weekend. All that promised wind and all we have had is rain.

DutchRooster
NSW, 325 posts
29 Jan 2013 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Wind finally kicked in at 5pm yesterday. Went out at Deewhy. Pissing rain but the waves were pretty good ; )

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
29 Jan 2013 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

if its warm, sunny and a NE pattern kurnell and botany i a pretty much a guarantee.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Sick of no wind northern beaches other options?" started by mc