Forums > Kitesurfing General

Some of the smoothest water I've ever ridden!

Created by MannyBlanch > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2015
MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

Recently I had a perfect kite on my homespot at Noosa River Mouth riding some of the flattest water I have ever ridden. Was a tad light for the 11m HIFI but was still able to throw together a few tricks. Here is a little 1 minute edit. Check it out! Any feedback would be sweet.

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
17 Sep 2015 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

That's cool Manny. Well done dude.

sirstomp
VIC, 98 posts
17 Sep 2015 4:05PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Manny! Gotta love glassy water.

You got your 5th line tied off at the swivel, rather that through the bar?
Whats the go with that?

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gkawo said..
That's cool Manny. Well done dude.

Thanks Mate!

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sirstomp said..

Whats the go with that?

The 5th line it's self isn't actually tied off the anything, rather there is a small hole in the swivel that the 5th threads through. When the 100% de-power cord is added to the 5th line it creates a knot (the same knot as when u attach your lines to your bridal) which gets stopped by that little hole. I have the 100% de-power cord hanging lose as it's much easier to relaunch because when I'm in the water i just grab the 100% de-power cord to use the 5th line to launch. As i don't use the 100% depower often I may need it someday as that's why i have left it there. If i ever feel unsafe i can just pull that rope and the kite is 100% de-powered. Surprisingly the cord doesn't get tangled with anything.
Thanks heaps.

Freddofrog
WA, 522 posts
17 Sep 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

What, no slow motion footage of you driving to location, checking out the water, rigging up, launching bla bla. Only action shots. What are you thinking? Better get back in your box before the idea catches on.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
17 Sep 2015 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Looks flat! I love Noosa sessions. I would watch out with that rope hanging though, because although it hasn't tangled every so often it can whip around and tangle one of your back lines and send your kite into loops. It won't happen often, but it will happen eventually. I had it happen with a long SS depower rope dangling down back in the days.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said..
Looks flat! I love Noosa sessions. I would watch out with that rope hanging though, because although it hasn't tangled every so often it can whip around and tangle one of your back lines and send your kite into loops. It won't happen often, but it will happen eventually. I had it happen with a long SS depower rope dangling down back in the days.

Thanks for the heads up Rowdy!

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 6:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Freddofrog said..
What, no slow motion footage of you driving to location, checking out the water, rigging up, launching bla bla. Only action shots. What are you thinking? Better get back in your box before the idea catches on.

Ha! the edit would be like 5minutes long if i include that.

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
17 Sep 2015 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said..

I cant believe crew are giving rowdy red thumbs for a genuine safety tip. Sometimes this forum is clueless. Green thumb for you.

As to manny, kite companies should look at your editing, getting the kite in the vid makes cool footage. Nice

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
17 Sep 2015 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dave...... said..

sir ROWDY said..

I cant believe crew are giving rowdy red thumbs for a genuine safety tip. Sometimes this forum is clueless. Green thumb for you.

As to manny, kite companies should look at your editing, getting the kite in the vid makes cool footage. Nice

Thanks man!

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:16AM
Thumbs Up

ohh baby, im a sucker for the flats.

antlanglands
WA, 72 posts
18 Sep 2015 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

Moving to Noosa , btw wats up with that suit ..surly it cant be that cold

Loftywinds
QLD, 2060 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MannyBlanch said..

sirstomp said..

Whats the go with that?

The 5th line it's self isn't actually tied off the anything, rather there is a small hole in the swivel that the 5th threads through. When the 100% de-power cord is added to the 5th line it creates a knot (the same knot as when u attach your lines to your bridal) which gets stopped by that little hole. I have the 100% de-power cord hanging lose as it's much easier to relaunch because when I'm in the water i just grab the 100% de-power cord to use the 5th line to launch. As i don't use the 100% depower often I may need it someday as that's why i have left it there. If i ever feel unsafe i can just pull that rope and the kite is 100% de-powered. Surprisingly the cord doesn't get tangled with anything.
Thanks heaps.

I think the Ozone Chrono bars (original) are done the same way with their 5th line

Sammyjay
VIC, 180 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Manny, how much wind was there? The water was so glassy it didn't look above 10 knots!

Don't know how you guys ride in such light winds, so jealous.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..
ohh baby, im a sucker for the flats.

Oh Yeah! It's so good, can't wait until summer.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
antlanglands said..
Moving to Noosa , btw wats up with that suit ..surly it cant be that cold

Hahah yeah it's not that cold but cold enough for a spring suit! And with the Mystic crossfire spring suit it doesn't even feel like your wearing a suit, the flexibility is unreal while at the same time keeping warm.

18 Sep 2015 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Loftywinds said..

MannyBlanch said..

sirstomp said..

Whats the go with that?

Thanks heaps.

I think the Ozone Chrono bars (original) are done the same way with their 5th line

Chrono is the same as the inflatables. 4-line with single line flag out safety.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sammyjay said..
Manny, how much wind was there? The water was so glassy it didn't look above 10 knots!

Don't know how you guys ride in such light winds, so jealous.

Yeah was around 10 knots gusting to about 12 with the run out tide which runs at about 4 knots.

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
18 Sep 2015 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

I feel sorry for every1 that don't have river mouths with run. On our big tides we can even get up to 6 knots of run.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..
I feel sorry for every1 that don't have river mouths with run. On our big tides we can even get up to 6 knots of run.

Yeah up north is crazy ay

billykiter
WA, 303 posts
18 Sep 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Looks awesome Manny. Reminds me of Augusta Rivermouth in WA. What gopro mount are you using? is it a mouth mount?

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billykiter said..

Looks awesome Manny. Reminds me of Augusta Rivermouth in WA. What gopro mount are you using? is it a mouth mount?

Yeah i just bit onto the go pro float.

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
18 Sep 2015 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Good video, It just got me pumped for the Noosa river mouth. I arrive tomorrow for a week of good wind (I hope).

Hopefully see you there!!

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
noodelsrominov said..
Good video, It just got me pumped for the Noosa river mouth. I arrive tomorrow for a week of good wind (I hope).

Looks as though it will be Southerlies for the next week , but at least there will be wind.

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
19 Sep 2015 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MannyBlanch said..

noodelsrominov said..

Looks as though it will be Southerlies for the next week , but at least there will be wind.

So what's the best place for southerlies? lake weyba or the Sunshine beach? I'd love to do the downwinders on the sunshine beach.

MannyBlanch
QLD, 138 posts
19 Sep 2015 9:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
noodelsrominov said..

MannyBlanch said..

noodelsrominov said..

So what's the best place for southerlies? lake weyba or the Sunshine beach? I'd love to do the downwinders on the sunshine beach.

Best place for southerlies would be all along the eastern beach. Try doing a downwinder from Coolum to sunshine, (20 or odd so kilometres). There are busses that run all the way along the beach plus heaps of groups doing downwinders too. The lake is also good if your up for flat water session.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
19 Sep 2015 7:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

I feel sorry for people that don't have surf and kickers... . Everyone is stoked on different things.

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
19 Sep 2015 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah but when you live on the Sunshine Coast you can have both!

Great vid Manny.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
19 Sep 2015 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Underoath said..
Yeah but when you live on the Sunshine Coast you can have both!

Highly debatable...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Some of the smoothest water I've ever ridden!" started by MannyBlanch