Forums > Kitesurfing General

St Kilda Kiteboarding Quiz

Created by StKildaQuiz > 9 months ago, 8 Jan 2009
RobR
VIC, 121 posts
6 Feb 2009 1:12AM
Thumbs Up

The carnage continues despite soft warnings. How dumb ar.e are StKilda Kiters? Today Thursday we had the Cabrina boys out kiting inside the RMYS slipway and running amok among learner Stand Up Paddleboarders. Flat water is great but when you can't even transition properly go back to the informal training area at the main StKilda West Beach. Yes lost board over slipway and crashing of kite next to slipway were all noticed by the RMYS people.

What are they smoking?? Not only are these idiots trying to kite three meters upwind of a fixed structure at over 5 knots [which is illegal in Vic] they are placing themselves in danger of being responsible for cleaning the barnacles off the railway style slipway and the mooring jetty - go figure.

Read the signs [if you can] - it is not a kiting area.

And these smart ar.e egotists run the risk of the authorities closing the beach because of irresponsible kiting endangering themselves and others. Well done guys – remember you will be very pis.ed when the beach is closed.

lostinlondon
VIC, 1159 posts
6 Feb 2009 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

All this makes me glad I have seen the light and now ride off Brighton Beach.
Benefits:

a. Free Parking
b. Everyone is good enough to miss each other.
c. You get smooth water downwind of the reef most of the time.
d. You get in a bit of strife people ask if you are doing OK
e. The beach is clean.

That said, I do like the flat water in St Kilda.

axis
VIC, 399 posts
6 Feb 2009 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

lostinlondon said...

All this makes me glad I have seen the light and now ride off Brighton Beach.
Benefits:

a. Free Parking
b. Everyone is good enough to miss each other.
c. You get smooth water downwind of the reef most of the time.
d. You get in a bit of strife people ask if you are doing OK
e. The beach is clean.

That said, I do like the flat water in St Kilda.

Ha ha, I agree with most points although get cranky now and then when it is choppy behind the reef or people turn without looking!!!

Boxburg
QLD, 144 posts
6 Feb 2009 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

I agree with Axis. Yesterday I saw a guy out on a Red/Grey Cult who turned in front of this guy on a Blue fuel without looking. Fortunately the guy on the fuel, although in mid air was good enough to change his direction and avoid mishap.
Other than that Brighton is pretty good. Half a dozen learners doing their thing inshore and body dragging carefully while the more experienced ones spread out.
Still a bit of a bees and honeypot mentality though. I drove along the coast from St Kilda to Sorrento to show some out of town visitors the bay, and there are def. more spots than St Kilda, and Brighton to ride at.

axis
VIC, 399 posts
7 Feb 2009 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Boxburg said...

I agree with Axis. Yesterday I saw a guy out on a Red/Grey Cult who turned in front of this guy on a Blue fuel without looking. Fortunately the guy on the fuel, although in mid air was good enough to change his direction and avoid mishap.
Other than that Brighton is pretty good. Half a dozen learners doing their thing inshore and body dragging carefully while the more experienced ones spread out.
Still a bit of a bees and honeypot mentality though. I drove along the coast from St Kilda to Sorrento to show some out of town visitors the bay, and there are def. more spots than St Kilda, and Brighton to ride at.

Ha ha, definitely the highlight of the day!!! I think the guy on the cult owes the guy on the fuel 2 sessions of pumping up his kite.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"St Kilda Kiteboarding Quiz" started by StKildaQuiz