Forums > Kitesurfing General

Stolen Gear

Created by Lambroast > 9 months ago, 28 Apr 2014
Lambroast
WA, 177 posts
28 Apr 2014 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Had some random dude drive up to me in Pinaroo carpark yesterday arvo and ask if I wanted to buy some kitesurfing 'sails'.

Asked him a couple of basic questions and he clearly had no idea about what he was trying to sell. Told me the stuff had been in his shed for a while and he handn't gotten into it.

If anyone is missing a flysurfer or big Doona, and a Fluoro green naish of some sort gimme a yell. Didn't get a great look at the gear.

He was driving an older model Brown land rover discovery. Bout 45, short hair. Had a woman with him too... Same age roundabouts but definitely no oil painting :) I do have the vehicle rego, but won't put it up here...

Theivin Bastards...........

Peelgeo
WA, 36 posts
28 Apr 2014 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Good work Lambroast.
What a sad bastard...45 years of age, thieving 'sails' and hanging in a carpark with his crook missus trying to offload his ill gotten goods!

James
WA, 549 posts
29 Apr 2014 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Check out the kites I had stolen and the date of the original post

suniboy21
VIC, 1090 posts
29 Apr 2014 8:18AM
Thumbs Up

Go get him tiger!

Blackbeard
WA, 103 posts
29 Apr 2014 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

HAHA BUrn em good!!

airjunkie
WA, 142 posts
29 Apr 2014 3:49PM
Thumbs Up

This is great

Love it when the scum gets caught

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
29 Apr 2014 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

Pheeeewww!!!
I wasn't to sure where this was going when you said some random dude approached you in the Pinnaroo carpark.

Lambroast
WA, 177 posts
30 Apr 2014 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Lol Kent...

I wrote 'random dude' .. Not 'poley'

Select to expand quote
tightlines said...
Pheeeewww!!!
I wasn't to sure where this was going when you said some random dude approached you in the Pinnaroo carpark.

Kazan
QLD, 699 posts
30 Apr 2014 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Aww this is bloody awesome! I would report it to the cops now incase he gets a whiff of anything suss from the internet and decides to make a run for it.

Ragzilla
VIC, 240 posts
1 May 2014 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

Any chance you got his number?...
Can you fwd to me?.....
I need some budget gear!...

Bad joke****

James
WA, 549 posts
9 May 2014 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Got an update for you all . The guy who tried to flog my kites is currently in custody.The cops went through his place earlier this week and recovered 30 plus K of stolen goods, most of it already identified by the rightful owners , you have to wonder how much stuff he has moved since he burgled my place in Sept 2013. He's been at it for ,who knows how long, and got stopped dead in his tracks by a smart, quick thinking kiter with a strong community conscience .Thanks and see ya over the weekend Lambroast . Thanks also to Swinginginthewind for bringing Lambroasts post to my attention.

Sadly , all my good gear was flogged off a long time ago with no hope of recovery , still , the FS Titan is gonna make a really s****y lookin tarp for my 6x4 trailer. Love it when the plans come together , J

Edit : s p o o f y is blocked ! ?

Chris_M
2129 posts
9 May 2014 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Lambroast, and nice one all you guys also on the case.

Oh yeah, and nice one to the 5-0 as well, good stuff

Beelzebub
WA, 144 posts
9 May 2014 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Well done.

kemp90
QLD, 1694 posts
10 May 2014 9:24AM
Thumbs Up

good news!

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
10 May 2014 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

Good news James, just when you thought you were safe,. some one returns the Aero!
toddy

matix
34 posts
10 May 2014 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

did you find/get your welder?

James
WA, 549 posts
10 May 2014 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

@ Matix , nah mate , the welder is long gone , I've still got the stick cables and the tig set though , he left those behind.

@ Action Sports / Todd , lol, that made me laugh . Yeah , that thing could be a real neck breaker for sure . Excellent for building sphincter muscle strength though , cos you tend to have your moments with it in the 25kt plus wind range . But yeah , those kites are really important now , they are now evidence , been told it'll be three months before I get them back , cheers , J

Lambroast
WA, 177 posts
12 May 2014 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Got a call from 5-0 today...

As James mentioned previously they recovered about $30k worth of gear from this guy...
They were able to charge him with 7 or 8 burglaries.. Some people will be happy to get their gear back :)
Looks like he'll get about 2 years at his majesties pleasure, courtesy of his prior efforts...

Definitely worth the effort in my book :)

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Stolen Gear" started by Lambroast