Forums > Kitesurfing General

Strapless Kite SURFING at it's finest!

Created by ActionSportsWA > 9 months ago, 13 Jul 2014
ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
13 Jul 2014 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Peeps,

This has been around a little while so forgive me if it has been posted before. I searched and came up with nothing. Airton Cozzolino is a North Team Rider and is seen riding the North Whip and North Neo in this clip. Even if you've seen this, it's amazing to watch again.

Unbelievable!

DM

Kamikuza
QLD, 6493 posts
13 Jul 2014 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

Wow!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Jul 2014 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

These guys should start doing combined comps with Windsurfing Freestylers in flat water locations, I could really see it taking off... I'm afraid the "kitesurfing" clips were pretty few and far between in this vid DM.

Daniel1973
VIC, 226 posts
13 Jul 2014 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Is it fair that someone is that good?

Un*******beleivable!

Imagine seeing some of that live at your local beach!

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Jul 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

To be totally fair they only do about the same 4 tricks over and over again... it's about as "un-believable" as watching someone do un-hooked wake-style at your local beach. Once you've seen it a few times you get pretty bored of it, like everything I guess .

Daniel1973
VIC, 226 posts
13 Jul 2014 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said...
To be totally fair they only do about the same 4 tricks over and over again... it's about as "un-believable" as watching someone do un-hooked wake-style at your local beach. Once you've seen it a few times you get pretty bored of it, like everything I guess .

I'd like to be able to bore myself stupid with that sort of talent, and the lifestyle that comes with it!

swinginginthewind
WA, 281 posts
13 Jul 2014 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said..

Hey Rowdy,

could you re post that vid of you doing strapless tricks again? I'd like to compare.....

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Jul 2014 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

What kind of strapless tricks? Wakeskating? And if so, there's no comparison.

Jasonwave
107 posts
13 Jul 2014 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

I watched Ayrton at a morocco wave competition last easter - gobsmacking good. Even the other pros there admited the cap vert guys are on another planet. Apparently they train 5 hrs a day every day possible. They stayed on for a week after the competition and were out all the time.
Awesome tricks aside, what also made them stand out:
- seemed to take three times more waves compared to others, they were always on it
- rode those waves right up until they touched the beach, doing moves all the way
- style was fluid and rythmic rather than hard thrashing, they are not big guys, but had total control
- fell in quite alot for trying so hard, but were never in the water for more than a few seconds
- rode upwind faster and pointed higher than the rest, which got their wave count so high
- kept very low when on the wave, front foot often surprisingly far forward
- totally unphased by the lesser mortals getting in their way
- big smiles all the time
Beauties to watch, I learnt more sitting on the beach looking than being out there,

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
13 Jul 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

For sure they are a talented bunch! Airton was good, but what let him down in the competition was a lack of smoothness and poor wave selection. Also the fact that doing half the stuff that's in this vid (lunchtime airs on the way out) don't actually count for anything in a Waveriding comp.
My favourite waverider in the comp was actually a young Brazilian (that I can't remember his name) but he can also surf regularly at a very good level, he just had a style at times that was really pleasant to watch.
Mitu and Keahi were still the best overall in my opinion and is why they garnered the top spots.

Trapped
NSW, 220 posts
13 Jul 2014 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

Pfft. I bet without the magic that he uses to keep the board he's crap.
Obviously magic.

THE DONG
VIC, 518 posts
14 Jul 2014 3:15AM
Thumbs Up

I met this bloke in mauritius... he sems a good a bloke as his skills

Daniel1973
VIC, 226 posts
14 Jul 2014 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

I can't believe how smart he is as well, with all those formulas and chemistry at the start. He's really got the world at his feet!

bardunyah
WA, 73 posts
14 Jul 2014 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Wow - that was truly awesome!

Select to expand quote
sir ROWDY said..
Once you've seen it a few times you get pretty bored of it, like everything I guess .

He he. Gold troll.

Singers have been singing for centuries, and new singers still manage to impress with style.

You don't need "new" tricks to impress. Doing existing ones better than 90% of people will.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
14 Jul 2014 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Rails
QLD, 1371 posts
14 Jul 2014 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Daniel1973 said..
I can't believe how smart he is as well, with all those formulas and chemistry at the start. He's really got the world at his feet!

that wax sure must be sticky **** - not sure he actually made it though
wouldn't believe everything you see on the tele....

Daniel1973
VIC, 226 posts
14 Jul 2014 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rails said...
Daniel1973 said..

that wax sure must be sticky **** - not sure he actually made it though
wouldn't believe everything you see on the tele....

Are you sure? Those formulas looked really complicated and he was showing the other scientist where the mistakes and stuff were. And then after that he had the goggles and gloves and stuff on to make it, and he was pouring stuff into beakers and all that!

He must have made it, why would they pretend with something that important?

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
14 Jul 2014 3:40PM
Thumbs Up

Is good wax cheating?
Should the wax industry be regulated to comply with an international standard?

bardunyah
WA, 73 posts
14 Jul 2014 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

If after good wax, should probably turn to the ladies .. they would intimately know one wax from another. (or maybe AFL footballers?)

Daniel1973
VIC, 226 posts
14 Jul 2014 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bardunyah said...
If after good wax, should probably turn to the ladies .. they would intimately know one wax from another. (or maybe AFL footballers?)

Or bike riders!
Or middle aged newbie kiters with a name starting with D and 4 digits after his name!
Can't knock the full body wax! (It's a treat for the ladies [at least my lady])

jackforbes
WA, 530 posts
14 Jul 2014 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

(Not about waxing)
(not about kiting)

what sort of SUP was that? It looks pretty pimp.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
14 Jul 2014 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Smoke & Mirrors! Its called VELCRO

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
14 Jul 2014 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

@Daniel Carbon Fanatic ProWave, maybe an 8'

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
15 Jul 2014 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

clip reminds me a little of the old movie "Mad Wax" with RCJ and Tom Carrol. No doubt about it, this guy rips. Real waterman. I like the fact that he is so proficient switching stance. Very impressive.
I would love to have those kind of conditions to ride in all the time, makes progress a little easier.
Good luck to him and his future

Capt.Gumby
VIC, 344 posts
15 Jul 2014 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

Mad Wax...... Now that was a classic, lame but with great surfing at its time and all to the great tunes of Gangajang.

dafish
NSW, 1637 posts
15 Jul 2014 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

right in my own back yard!

jackforbes
WA, 530 posts
15 Jul 2014 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..
@Daniel Carbon Fanatic ProWave, maybe an 8'

I assume that was for me - cheers. Might have to save the pennies for one, watched the promo vid, you don't see many aerial re-entries on a sup!

ActionSportsWA
WA, 976 posts
16 Jul 2014 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jack,

I think so. Toddy replied on that one whilst having a bit of a brain fart.

DM

beatit
WA, 25 posts
17 Jul 2014 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

My shiny new Prowave doesn't do that Bloody inspiring to watch tho...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Strapless Kite SURFING at it's finest!" started by ActionSportsWA