Forums > Kitesurfing General

Sunny Coast looking good

Created by sunseeker > 9 months ago, 27 Feb 2008
sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
27 Feb 2008 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sunshine Coast looking good this weekend and all of next week - anyone in WA jealous?

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
27 Feb 2008 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

%#$* kite to small then kite to big cant win

Paradox
QLD, 1326 posts
27 Feb 2008 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Nice!!

Keep it up - I am down there weekend after this. Might have to bring the 7 though...25kts, right in the sweet zone...!

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
27 Feb 2008 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

Prediction:

Saturday 25-30 knots - pissing down rain and cold as hell.
sunday - rain and no wind
Monday - rain

this is going from previous experience on these sorts of low pressure systems moving down the coast and generally turning out to be completely useless in the way of wind. it's been bloody dismal lately, haven't had a decent kite for 3 weeks

merman
QLD, 431 posts
28 Feb 2008 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

dont jinx us guys...... you know its bad luck to pre-empt a good forcast

hanging to get another couple of good sessions, up the sunny coast...

Blownaway
QLD, 776 posts
28 Feb 2008 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

yeh dont nobody go an buy a new kite or anything stupid

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
28 Feb 2008 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

Neill said...

Prediction:

Saturday 25-30 knots - pissing down rain and cold as hell.
sunday - rain and no wind
Monday - rain

this is going from previous experience on these sorts of low pressure systems moving down the coast and generally turning out to be completely useless in the way of wind. it's been bloody dismal lately, haven't had a decent kite for 3 weeks

haha, that's the spirit Neill - aim low, then you won't be disappointed when you miss. There will be some cloud around no doubt but I think we'll get some time on the water on Saturday.

I'm also itching to get out. Had nothing last weekend but did have some good surf

simonmm
QLD, 200 posts
28 Feb 2008 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Howdy Nick,

Vickie just had our son just in time. Will be up there as of Saturday and keen for a downwinder.

Cheers,
Simon.

bananaboy
QLD, 118 posts
28 Feb 2008 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Anybody hooking up for a downwinder, my bro's up from goldie and doesn't get into the downwinders like sunny boys do...last time I took him on a downwinder he was buggered after 10kms..but he say's I'm up for since he's been doing tow-ins on the last big swell, and feels nothing could be more punishing than a slingshot from a jet-ski at 80kms a hour.
Blownaway let's give him somethin to remember of what wev'e got...P.S meet you at the local spot..

Blownaway
QLD, 776 posts
28 Feb 2008 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Sure thing banana, how about tomorro arvo or as soon as the wind kicks in sounds even better.....stay posted

Any other punters welcome to tag along

merman
QLD, 431 posts
29 Feb 2008 1:17AM
Thumbs Up

i could be tempted guys

downwinder from where?? and at what time??

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
29 Feb 2008 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Saturday is looking the go - will be doing a downwinder in the Mudjimba area probably from North Shore to Yaroomba.

Great how the graph that I posted keeps updating.

Biagro
WA, 178 posts
29 Feb 2008 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

sunseeker said...

Sunshine Coast looking good this weekend and all of next week - anyone in WA jealous?

Yes lol Have fun wish i was there!

Blownaway
QLD, 776 posts
29 Feb 2008 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Stumers to sunshine downwinder soon call me 0412644537

wind 15 to 19 right now

meerkat
WA, 644 posts
29 Feb 2008 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Absolutely, i bought a new rain coat 6months ago and haven't had it out the wrapper.

Then you guys get a perfect week summer for me to try it out and i can't get the time off work to get over there.

Oh well, guess i will have to just wait until winter before i get to wear it.

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
29 Feb 2008 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

Good one meerkat - I'm starting to not see those little grey blobs over the yellow circle anymore. As you can see, we are having summer tomorrow and then over by Monday...at least it'll be windy for a few days. Overcast today and no rain, 15 to 20 already, will be smashing it up after work today and all weekend.

Send us some pics of kiting in that raincoat of yours...with a bag of boiled lollies in one hand...

meerkat
WA, 644 posts
29 Feb 2008 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

sunseeker said...

we are having summer tomorrow and then over by Monday

Send us some pics of kiting in that raincoat of yours...

Thats one hell of a summer, don't blink otherwise you will miss it. At least you guys have swell. If ours hits knee high this weekend i'll be impressed.

Just for clafication i obviously wear my raincoat OVER my wetsuit, its the new in thing.

cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
29 Feb 2008 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

meerkat said...
Just for clafication i obviously wear my raincoat OVER my wetsuit, its the new in thing.

Do you tuck it into your harness?

meerkat
WA, 644 posts
29 Feb 2008 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

cRAZY Canuk said...

meerkat said...

Do you tuck it into your harness?

When it gets cold enough, otherwise it flaps behind me in the wind. A bit like a poley going really really really fast without the pole.

elemental
NSW, 165 posts
29 Feb 2008 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Winds up no more work(skydiving) today!! Time for a down winder
love this job!! See yas at Stumers!!!!

sunseeker
QLD, 1203 posts
29 Feb 2008 3:23PM
Thumbs Up

That's the ultimate job - can't work when the wind gets over 15kts...

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Sunny Coast looking good" started by sunseeker