Forums > Kitesurfing General

Those marginal days

Created by taxi > 9 months ago, 1 Aug 2009
taxi
QLD, 416 posts
1 Aug 2009 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

Those marginal days [I"m having one] just wondering what are your thoughts when there is wind but not quite enough .

scolzey
QLD, 26 posts
1 Aug 2009 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

taxi said...

Those marginal days [I"m having one] just wondering what are your thoughts when there is wind but not quite enough .

i am soo bored at home it isnt funny i keep looking outside hoping that the wind will pick up !!

now why cant it be summer all year here ??

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Aug 2009 1:54PM
Thumbs Up

Ride it for a day.. then wash and tinker for a week!! By that time its windy again!

No wind no worries. Every kiter must have another way of getting ya rocks off or youll go mad!

Luke

LethalLeigh
VIC, 29 posts
1 Aug 2009 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

hey kite action you got the right idea ive got 450 exc and do the exact same thing as you

taxi
QLD, 416 posts
1 Aug 2009 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

That pic brings back memories , have raced motocross over the years and actuality was one of the founding members of the Coolum club, But i find the mind wants but the body cant ,and the ground gets harder and harder even though Coolum is lomey sand. O those marginal days!

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
1 Aug 2009 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Taxi

A good suggestion for all board people going insane,

Buy a cheap skateboard & starting carving it up at your local skate bowl. Usually theres one not too far away and the grommits are always happy to share unless you drop in on them then them 7year olds will dish you out some pain by cuttin you off makin you fall headfirst in - instead of drop in
Itll improve your kiteing skills alot too..

Play fair and remember to share

Worked well for me - in the end

taxi
QLD, 416 posts
1 Aug 2009 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

I"m going for a surf!

max14
SA, 220 posts
1 Aug 2009 3:37PM
Thumbs Up

its called a wake winch, every kiter should have one, no wind, no problem :) lots of fun for the whole family, even my little cousin rides his knee board behind it :)

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Aug 2009 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Another option is SUP this is also good if the waves are marginal.

No wind no worries!

lotofwind
NSW, 6451 posts
1 Aug 2009 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

The pub and drown your sorrows

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
1 Aug 2009 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Mmmm time to fire up the WR and go for a ride

Smedg
NSW, 836 posts
1 Aug 2009 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

KiteAction said...

Ride it for a day.. then wash and tinker for a week!! By that time its windy again!

No wind no worries. Every kiter must have another way of getting ya rocks off or youll go mad!

Luke

I can see the bike is just cleaned hence the butt plug. But can't help but wonder if its ever been ridden... That is one clean bike. I'm very jealous. [}:)]

Damo
WA, 641 posts
1 Aug 2009 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

2.5m trainer kite and a skateboard!!! almost as much fun as kiteing on the water

KiteAction
QLD, 337 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Aug 2009 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ Its done about about 52hrs work scince the start of 08. It cost me a $hit load so I try and keep it up to scratch. In that pic its only probly done half that.

I had just finished puting a bigbore kit in and a new performance cam and a new exahust so I went all out with a sticker kit to set it all off

My advise stick to SUP for those Marginal wind day's its cheeper and dosnt hurt as much when you fall off lol!

Any other Sunnycoast crew got bikes??

A few of us are heading out for a strap tomorrow if the wind dosnt come in.

Hayden just picked up his KTM and is stinging to hit the track!

Luke

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Those marginal days" started by taxi