Forums > Kitesurfing General

Too legit- the definitive poll

Created by loverboy > 9 months ago, 30 Apr 2010
loverboy
WA, 614 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Who out there wants to kite and be legit ? Are we all forgetting that we started this for fun ? My kite is fat cos it is constantly at lunch, and no grass grows around my patch of water cos victa is permanently on patrol- but I come off the water with a big ass smile on my face. Isn't that what it's all about ?

I ride however is fun for me.....the style police would probably lock me up and throw away the key but this is fun and I don't want to be Hadlow or Dre...

What do other crew think ?

wave knave
306 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

i dont think you'll ever have to worry about kiting being 'legit'

Danger Mouse
WA, 592 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

The question IS, are they too legit to quit

I do agree though LB, I kite for me, the way I find fun. If that isn't 'Extreme' or 'Progressive' enough for other crew, well, that's their problem, not mine AND this doesn't mean that I have any less of a right to be on the water than them, which some, it would seem, feel is the case.

D

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:17AM
Thumbs Up

No one cares how you ride... I don't get why people always suddenly decide that open forum banter is directly aimed towards them. Little questions like this one come up about once a month.

The "style police" or whatever you want to call them don't care about what your average day to day cruisers are doing, they care about the top end of the sport, the media and the claimers.

People are free to do what they want, no one is going to say anything about you or think your uncool. The only time they might say something is if you are claiming to be doing something your not, in that case, get ready for it.

I'm sure everyone is out there having fun no matter what they are doing, why would they be doing it if they weren't having fun?

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
30 Apr 2010 10:27AM
Thumbs Up

Just a generalisation Rowdy- not taking it personally, but I wanted to know what others thoughts were.....

Kiting will never be a massive spectator sport- the conditions for a comp are too fickle, where they are held is often out of the way etc...

The sunday punter is out there for fun but so are the top riders- when they stop having fun it shows in their riding. I was questioning the need to be legit- I was asking if people really cared....cos I don't

KnutH
VIC, 426 posts
30 Apr 2010 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Until recently, I could not care less about a style police. (What uniform are they wearing btw?)
But since being active on Seabreeze, and especially after reading Rowdy's posts, I am totally infected with the word "legit".
All I wanna do is being called "legit", and if you name anything that brings me closer to that ultimate goal, I will go all the way babe!

theDoctor
NSW, 5780 posts
30 Apr 2010 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
30 Apr 2010 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

oh here it goes again! ignorance to boardsports here we come

confabulate
NT, 13 posts
30 Apr 2010 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Legit = Not Ignorant .......I Think ?
The Doctor got it..

djdojo
VIC, 1607 posts
30 Apr 2010 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

I think Lou is especially legit at 2:46 and 3:05. I'd like to be able to load and pop like that.

LUCAS123
QLD, 104 posts
1 May 2010 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

rowdy your kite seems to be at lunch

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
1 May 2010 10:34AM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

What a pussy! Bindings in the waves??? Two line kite??

Legends go unstrapped on surfboards with 100% depower!!!

Seriously I really enjoyed the two line days. No 'rules'. If you survived a session you were legit!!

Spacemonkey!
SA, 2288 posts
1 May 2010 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

LUCAS123 said...

Daming photo evidence I can almost make out that there is a kiter in the photo. Send it in to kite mag, high enough standard to make the cut.

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
1 May 2010 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

I think Lou is especially legit at 2:46 and 3:05. I'd like to be able to load and pop like that.

Great video - awesome by today's standards let along 2002 on a 2 liner.

There was even some unstrapped action on a wakeskate for the "new school"

Speaking of all school and too legit, how can I go past this gem (not kiting related)

Blownaway
QLD, 776 posts
2 May 2010 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

theDoctor said...

good movie that one

dave......
WA, 2119 posts
3 May 2010 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

We are all so cool and legit.

Is this worse than the 70's Windsurfer song? Yep, kitesurfing should be cancelled

jarvo
NSW, 86 posts
3 May 2010 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

hows the un-hooking at 1.07...... cool move

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
3 May 2010 8:54PM
Thumbs Up

LUCAS123 said...

Is it? I didn't notice I was to busy batting off.

p.s.
Lunchtime is the new legit anyway, don't you go to comps? Lunchtime and steeze, mad kite steeze, everyone is saying it, it's legit as as as.

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
3 May 2010 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

rowdy u were right! camera phone photography is going to be the newest craze!!!!

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
3 May 2010 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

Lunchtime is the new legit anyway, don't you go to comps? Lunchtime and steeze, mad kite steeze, everyone is saying it, it's legit as as as.

Om nom nom nom?

KiterMan
NSW, 21 posts
4 May 2010 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Ha ha ha, look at the wakeboy.
Alex Dangle-Huge is it?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
4 May 2010 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

LUCAS123 said...

if i were you id watch those vids of ur riding before making such claims

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
4 May 2010 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Can you guys please stop posting that picture over and over again, I'm getting mega cut about it.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
4 May 2010 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

sir ROWDY said...

Charl dv said...

LUCAS123 said...

if i were you id watch those vids of ur riding before making such claims

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
4 May 2010 3:41PM