Forums > Kitesurfing General

Townsville, Easter?

Created by lucyfbaird > 9 months ago, 21 Mar 2012
lucyfbaird
VIC, 4 posts
21 Mar 2012 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Hi there Queensland kiters!
I am heading to up Townsville for the week after Easter, so middish April, and am wondering what conditions are normally like around that time of year? Keen to get some kiting in, (though I am supposed to be visiting a friend) but not as keen on the baggage charge to get all my gear up there if it is not really going to be worth it.
Thoughts?
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it! (Of course, I will appreciate it even more if you were to tell me it is always a solid 23 knots all day every day... wishful thinking, I know.)
Obviously I know that no one can make definite forecasts, just looking for some rough ideas. Cheers!

Hopey
QLD, 178 posts
21 Mar 2012 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Contact Marvin at In The Loop Kiteboarding........hes the man in the Ville who will give you all the info you need. May also help you out with hire equipment if you dont want to cart your gear up just for one or 2 sessions.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
21 Mar 2012 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

hi Lucy,
our trade winds are starting to blow now. if we have a good high pressure system by the time you come up you can expect 20knts +. 23knts wishes are likely to come true ;)
most girls up here are riding 8m and 9m kites.

check our website for weekly forecasts and give us a buzz when yuo up here and we show you around and go for a ride :)

looking forward to your visit..
greets
Marve

lucyfbaird
VIC, 4 posts
22 Mar 2012 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Brilliant, oh thanks so much for your replies! I think 'trade winds' is my new favorite word haha.My smallest kite is an 11, but should be ok as long as things don't get too hectic, seems to do me ok down here. Could be an excuse to get a smaller kite of course!
I'll be in touch the moment I land, bring on the sunshine and wind.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
22 Mar 2012 4:48PM
Thumbs Up

lucyfbaird said...

Brilliant, oh thanks so much for your replies! I think 'trade winds' is my new favorite word haha.My smallest kite is an 11, but should be ok as long as things don't get too hectic, seems to do me ok down here. Could be an excuse to get a smaller kite of course!
I'll be in touch the moment I land, bring on the sunshine and wind.

nice 1.
have a look at our current forecast on seabreeze :)
hope it stays like this for the whole 'trade wind' season. bring on sun and wind

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Townsville, Easter?" started by lucyfbaird