Forums > Kitesurfing General

Trick Progression

Created by Ironman > 9 months ago, 24 Nov 2014
Ironman
WA, 139 posts
24 Nov 2014 1:02AM
Thumbs Up

Just wondering what tricks everyone started with and where they went from there. I usually don't do freestyle and concentrate on strapless riding in waves but I've been nailing my backrolls on the twin tip lately and was wondering what the 'next step' is. It would be great to get some tips. Cheers.

Rails
QLD, 1371 posts
24 Nov 2014 7:31AM
Thumbs Up

Frontroll, backroll to toeside, double back, backroll transition, backroll kite loop, then learn all these unhooked and with grabs

Wallis1986
QLD, 130 posts
24 Nov 2014 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

What rails said is almost exact the order i learned all those in. only difference was i learned darkslide before most of them, which is surprisingly alot easier that you would think

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
24 Nov 2014 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Then do it strappless on a surfboard, It looks very cool and is fun to do.

Ironman
WA, 139 posts
24 Nov 2014 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Thats the aim Happy G. I can pull off some jump strapless and a pop shove it here and there but i want to be able to nail backrolls, grabs and other tricks strapless. I reckon they look insane! Cheers for the help guys! I accidentally pulled off a transition backroll yesterday. Does that count? ahah! Cheers for the help again.

HappyG
VIC, 292 posts
24 Nov 2014 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yep stuff ups count.

The hardest thing strapless is grabbing the board. I was trying to ollie then around. Then someone filmed me and I saw how bad I was.

There are heaps of tutes online to do strapless tricks. I have gone oldschool and got a skimboard. Its cheating when you do a shuvit but its hell fun.

The best advice I got from someone was land pointing your board more downwind then carve back onto your tack especially with back rolls strapless.

There are some awesome guys doing these.

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
24 Nov 2014 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Big railys are fun...

Ironman
WA, 139 posts
24 Nov 2014 1:35PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah iv'e tried grabbing my board a few times but it keeps slipping out of my grip. Might needa put some wax on the rails/nose so its a bit easier. Cheers for the advice Happy G.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Trick Progression" started by Ironman