Forums > Kitesurfing General

WA this week.

Created by surfingboye > 9 months ago, 30 Dec 2014
surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
31 Dec 2014 12:08AM
Thumbs Up

haha, no it shouldn't be in the WA section!

Looks like green arrows all week, so two of us east coasters are booked and ready for wind.
No real plan, but frothing to score clean waves maybe up the coast and hook up with some forumites.
Met some great blokes last time.

Yewwwww.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
31 Dec 2014 12:09AM
Thumbs Up

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
30 Dec 2014 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

We've had some great wind, but it's been lacking some swell, normally we get a few bay/ point sessions every week or so, with the odd real decent session, however we've only had a couple so far, some spots a bit further north are looking good

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
31 Dec 2014 12:58AM
Thumbs Up

how does that swell forecast look cauncy?
if that was over here it would be 4-6ft...

beefarmer
WA, 328 posts
30 Dec 2014 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

We may be able to help each other out...

I have a nice pad in Gero with a spare room you can use. Its a bit small for two blokes but there's also a couch. Walking distance form the pub and a few kiting locations.

But in exchange I need you to help me with a small problem - which is that I am on call for work (firefighting) next week and need to get to the office within 15 mins of getting a call out - normally very hard to do when you're in the middle of belting waves at the point when the call comes in.

So this is my proposal....

You kite all day wherever you want, but from 5 pm or so onwards (after I've finished work) you or your mate waits on the beach (somewhere in Gero) with my phone in your hand. If it rings (highly unlikely at that time of day, but always possible), hail me down ASAP, Ill land the kite, grab the phone, jump in my car and shoot off to fight fires. You then packup my kite, go kiting, drink beer, whatever, eventually head back to my place with my kite, feed my dogs and enjoy yourself.

Sound good?

beefarmer
WA, 328 posts
30 Dec 2014 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

re the swell its a bit small but there are good waves around if you know where to go... a 4wd would help you get to some of them

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
30 Dec 2014 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said...
how does that swell forecast look cauncy?
if that was over here it would be 4-6ft...

Wicked if I lived in exmouth,

mazdon
1196 posts
30 Dec 2014 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

Why not go south? Better waves

Wind forecast doesn't tell the story down there. It's been cranking by all reports, next long period swell end of week too

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
31 Dec 2014 9:22AM
Thumbs Up

WA want to send some wind down my way? One day of 25+ will do fine.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
31 Dec 2014 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
beefarmer said..

I have a nice pad in Gero with a spare room you can use. Its a bit small for two blokes but there's also a couch. Walking distance form the pub and a few kiting locations.

But in exchange I need you to help me with a small problem - which is that I am on call for work (firefighting) next week and need to get to the office within 15 mins of getting a call out - normally very hard to do when you're in the middle of belting waves at the point when the call comes in.

You kite all day wherever you want, but from 5 pm or so onwards (after I've finished work) you or your mate waits on the beach (somewhere in Gero) with my phone in your hand. If it rings (highly unlikely at that time of day, but always possible), hail me down ASAP, Ill land the kite, grab the phone, jump in my car and shoot off to fight fires. You then packup my kite, go kiting, drink beer, whatever, eventually head back to my place with my kite, feed my dogs and enjoy yourself.

Sound good?

That sounds like an excellent proposal! Everyone wins!
If we head north I'll give you out shout...

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
31 Dec 2014 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mazdon said..
Why not go south? Better waves

Wind forecast doesn't tell the story down there. It's been cranking by all reports, next long period swell end of week too

Really! Around where?
Last time I went south it was light and not much surf.
Didn't go past Margs though...

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
31 Dec 2014 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
beefarmer said..

Sound good?

My mate and I will be coming to WA in Jan - March/April,travelling round chasing wind and waves,Im pretty sure we will be over sleeping in tents after a while,we would be keen to help you out

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
31 Dec 2014 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

Go Kid. About time I returned the favor.

I have a nice little downwinder for you to try.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1397 posts
31 Dec 2014 9:25AM
Thumbs Up

We've had a metre of swell for the last few days and looks like continuing, that's around head high or a bit more.

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
31 Dec 2014 12:38PM
Thumbs Up

try down south, margs area for waves, possibly will have wind or up north for lots of wind and smaller swell
the named breaks down south will have crowds all over them, poles, kites and any other device that will float you onto a wave, but could be some less crowded waves if you look around. a sesh at main break is always memorable, even with sharing waves with the masses

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
31 Dec 2014 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brohan said..
WA want to send some wind down my way? One day of 25+ will do fine.

Last two days....?/

beefarmer
WA, 328 posts
31 Dec 2014 1:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..

Select to expand quote

That sounds like an excellent proposal! Everyone wins!
If we head north I'll give you out shout...

Cool bananas, I'm defintely getting sick of sitting on the beach watching everyone else kite :)

Just leave the mankini in NSW where it belongs hey?

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
31 Dec 2014 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Underoath said..
Go Kid. About time I returned the favor.

I have a nice little downwinder for you to try.

Cool love downwinders

Best type of kiting

Will be over in 3 weeks time

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
1 Jan 2015 3:04PM
Thumbs Up

South it is, at margs now waiting for the wind to kick.
Happy new year all!

fox
NSW, 31 posts
1 Jan 2015 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

8m2 weather 3ft swell at the Heads Matt 2 days out of 3 still hope u score.

foxy

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
2 Jan 2015 12:18AM
Thumbs Up

Ha. Believe me, I've been keeping an eye on you guys down there! Tomorrow could be the day.

Mark _australia
WA, 22377 posts
1 Jan 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said..
South it is, at margs now waiting for the wind to kick.
Happy new year all!

You will keep waiting. Better to do lancelin thru to Geraldton. Margs is a dead loss at the mo

gokid
QLD, 491 posts
2 Jan 2015 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Matt check out the forecast on the Sunny Coast

Plenty of swell and the wind is about to come back after only 2 windy days in 2 weeks

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
2 Jan 2015 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, advice taken Mark.

Yesterday was pretty terrible. Kited at margs and it was super light. Catch a wave and the wave was trying to overtake. The forecast looks sketchy, so the bags are packed and we are in the car headed north.

Probably head to lano today and wouldn't mind getting to gero the next day. As long as there is wind, it doesn't matter if the waves are small.

beefarmer
WA, 328 posts
2 Jan 2015 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

There's always a bit of wind around these parts... Actually I'm looking forward to it dying off, haven't had a surf for a while :)

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
4 Jan 2015 7:30AM
Thumbs Up

I hope you stopped in Perth yesterday. It was roaring!

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
4 Jan 2015 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Nah, we drove on through to gero.

Kited hells gates first up which was pretty weird.
There was a bit of swell out there, but it was all over the place and just fat kinda whitewash.

Second up was spot x.
Had a ball there, plenty of wind and a really fun peak rolling through. Pick of the spots for the trip.

Heading back to Perth now.
Would love just one more kite before we fly.

gcdave
534 posts
5 Jan 2015 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

Big ups to the WA guys we caught up with. Great local advice,wicked beers too.

Super friendly part of the country,with some top notch spots

Be back soon when the waves are firing

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"WA this week." started by surfingboye