Forums > Kitesurfing General

Were do I go for a Kite Surf lesson?

Created by Niels > 9 months ago, 5 Feb 2008
Niels
3 posts
5 Feb 2008 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

I am looking for some one who wants to give me and my girlfriend a Kite Surf lesson.
It’s my girlfriends 31 birthday next month and I would like to give her an experience as a present.
We both never did any kite surfing just a bit kitting with a 2 line kite. Would there be some one that would like to help us it would be for the weekend of the 21, 22, and 23 of March. One of these days would be great. She is real sporty and would love a new challenge.

Any info where I book a lesson. Or if some one wants to give us an intro that would be super great.

We live in sydney
Thanks in advance

harrytesties
133 posts
5 Feb 2008 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

mostly all the women i have ever known have said that i have been an experience... don't know if you'd rightly wanna give her the harrytesties experience, and i for one am not ready to again break anothers heart, but as for the lessons, you've got plenty of time to organise, give that shop at botany bay there a call, they do lessons... geez whats their name again...? the kitefairies, thats it, give the kitefairies a call, don't be a tight-ass, throw some coin at some one who is insured to give lessons... unless ofcourse your girlfriend is super hot and has always wanted to learn to kite in the nude... then neil my friend, we may be able to oblige...

Niels
3 posts
5 Feb 2008 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

My Girl is super hot and sexy. And I am willing to spent money for the lesson however the lessons I found so far was all in Queensland.
I will give that shop Kitefairies a call, Not sure if I think your offer is so atractive. Thanks

manicskier
VIC, 772 posts
6 Feb 2008 2:15AM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower also do some lessons in Sydney i think, there is also a page on here somewhere with links for all of this stuff, I'll have a look to see if i can find it.

manicskier
VIC, 772 posts
6 Feb 2008 2:29AM
Thumbs Up

OK here is some info

http://kitesurfingschool.org/schools.htm
Australia is most of the way down the page.

www.kitesurfing.com.au/
A Sydney based page, looks like ti has a lot of info that you should read

www.kitepower.com.au/catalog/product_17092_Kiteboarding_Private_Lessons__Sydney_NSW_cat_298.html
Kitepowers lesson page for sydney

Also do a search for "kitemares" and read those, don't want to scare you but the lessons will mostly be focussed on safety because a kite in the wrong hands can hurt (you and others)

This may just change your life, be prepared.

P.C_simpson
NSW, 1489 posts
7 Feb 2008 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

If you feel like a weekend drive you can get lessons at board crazy in newy, they have a few instructors and regularly have people up from sydney.
Dave, Steve have been teaching and coaching beginner to advanced for years and now have a new local Beau now qualified as well.

cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2528 posts
7 Feb 2008 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

There's Windsurf and Snow (Longreef), Kitepower (Dolls Point), Dr Surf (Jarvis Bay)and XShore (Tarree).

With all the southerly winds we've been getting XShore has a good a set up as any. They do weekend packages as well that include a place to stay and leasons.

There are also a couple IKO instructors floating around that work outside of the local shops but I dont' know who they are.

Niels
3 posts
7 Feb 2008 7:02PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you all for all your sugestions so far. I have a look in to it.

The more idea's the better.

Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Were do I go for a Kite Surf lesson?" started by Niels