Forums > Kitesurfing General

Where do I find wind this week!?

Created by Akwa > 9 months ago, 30 Dec 2012
Akwa
WA, 255 posts
30 Dec 2012 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys,

I was planning to go kiting pretty much daily till the end of my holiday. However, as posted in the other thread, the wind-gods are momentarily not in our favour in WA and it might take a while before they decide to throw us another few decent breezes.

I still have till the 7th of Jan off and figure I might go somewhere where there is wind. I checked the weather charts here on SB and it seems Brisbane might be up for a good couple of days.

Can someone inform me about Locations and Conditions in Brissie at the moment? If I go there what kite sizes do I need and where do I go? is there certain accommodation available close to the kite locations? Also do I need protective gear for Jellies?

I have also heard that Augusta might be good this week if anyone has info on either Brissie, Augusta or any other place with wind that would not be all to expensive to go to from Perth, your input would be much appreciated.

anoldman
75 posts
31 Dec 2012 5:58AM
Thumbs Up

i'm on the Goldie for Christmas Holidays bought a 10 and an 8.
So far hardly used the 10.
Surfs been good everywhere and is expected to build.
Wide open beaches not to crowded friendly crew.

Gilly3
QLD, 799 posts
31 Dec 2012 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

anoldman said...
i'm on the Goldie for Christmas Holidays bought a 10 and an 8.
So far hardly used the 10.
Surfs been good everywhere and is expected to build.
Wide open beaches not to crowded friendly crew.

Narrowneck was pumpin' yesterday. Booooosting huge on the 12 yeeeeew!

Akwa, if it's surf or good flatwater you're after the Goldie is the go. You won't
find any jellies in the surf, although there are some in the broadwater at the mo but they are the harmless kind that just carry sea lice (no stingers) boardies and rashie will suffice.

Forecast is looking good from Thursday through to Sunday with swell building to around 3-4m

As far as accom goes, you may have to phone through or google to check availability as it is Xmas holiday time. Anything near the beach is naturally gonna cost you more.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Where do I find wind this week!?" started by Akwa