Forums > Kitesurfing General

Why I like a kite to tow me around in surf

Created by GreenPat > 9 months ago, 28 Apr 2009
gruezi
WA, 3464 posts
1 May 2009 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Super glue it and go out and kite....naw, not your kind of wind at the moment anyway. Recon you can cover it in cling wrap and wear a bootie.

ianmac
WA, 267 posts
2 May 2009 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

that is certainly a nasty job i agree with GF on that for sure !!!!
just as a matter of interest when i ws doing a jump recently & got untidy on my landing , i soem how managed to slide my foot down the edge of my twiny,
there was a small sharp nick in the edge which caused a nice slice in my foot .
fortunately very mionr cut but anything with note ould have made it far worse ,

so since no wind for a week get the repairs & maintenance happening

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
2 May 2009 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

"gash of the month"

YEAH! I used to read mags like that

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
10 May 2009 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

Well, it's been a bit over 3 weeks since the incident now and the novelty of having a dressing on the woudn all the time is wearing pretty thin. The progress from week 2 to 3 isn't as dramatic as week 1 to 2, unsurprisingly.

I took a photo anyway though, in the interest of medical science (not really) and because of my propensity for collecting data and keeping records (more of the reason). One nurse estimated a couple of months healing time without sitches, I would like to see how accurate he was, and be able to refer to the knowledge accurately if it comes up in conversation.

I'm posting it here in case anyone else is interested from a similar point of view?

That white bit is a loose flap of skin that died and is dissolving into the wound.

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
10 May 2009 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Looks peachy.
Be grateful you don't have diabetis.

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
10 May 2009 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

poor relative said...

Looks peachy.

Smells good too.

poor relative said...

Be grateful you don't have diabetis.

I am, but is that related to the wound on my foot at all?

poor relative
WA, 9089 posts
10 May 2009 11:40AM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

I am, but is that related to the wound on my foot at all?

Not in the slightest.
Just be grateful

getfunky
WA, 4485 posts
11 May 2009 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Was wondering how your stump was gettin on. Not bad recovery at all for only a couple of weeks.

Having taken notice of your other toes (well i think that's what they were??) do you have any hobits in the family??

GalahOnTheBay
NSW, 4188 posts
11 May 2009 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

Wow I'm impressed, that actually looks like it is healing half decently...

Shame about the not getting it wet part

loco4olas
NSW, 1516 posts
11 May 2009 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

GreenPat said...

Well, it's been a bit over 3 weeks since the incident now and the novelty of having a dressing on the woudn all the time is wearing pretty thin. The progress from week 2 to 3 isn't as dramatic as week 1 to 2, unsurprisingly.

I took a photo anyway though, in the interest of medical science (not really) and because of my propensity for collecting data and keeping records (more of the reason). One nurse estimated a couple of months healing time without sitches, I would like to see how accurate he was, and be able to refer to the knowledge accurately if it comes up in conversation.

I'm posting it here in case anyone else is interested from a similar point of view?

That white bit is a loose flap of skin that died and is dissolving into the wound.

Oooaawwwh-looks like your toes are fusing.....reminds me of a girl in high...aw never mind.

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
11 May 2009 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

loco4olas said...

Oooaawwwh-looks like your toes are fusing.....

Actually, they were already connected. The other foot has the same fused 2nd and 3rd toes and insignificant little toenail.

They say mutation is the basis of evolution, so while you may call me a mutant, I like to think I'm just more evolved...

I also have a supernumerary nipple though, so perhaps I'm less evolved, a throwback to our primitive origins?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Why I like a kite to tow me around in surf" started by GreenPat