Forums > Kitesurfing General

Wind Junkies Unite

Created by WAKSA > 9 months ago, 18 Apr 2011
WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
18 Apr 2011 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Just because the season is over, doesn't mean the fun has to stop...

For the first time, WAKSA and Windsurfing WA is proud to present a joint, end of season party for our respective members - Wind Junkies Unite.

When: Friday, 6th May 2011

Venue: Salt on the Beach, 44 Port Beach Road North Fremantle from 7pm

There will be kiting and windsurf videos; bands, and dj's with food and drink specials over the evening.

Tickets are available from the WAKSA website www.waksa.org.au for $15.00. There will be limited door sales ($20). Please note, tickets won't actually be released but your name will be on the door on the night.

Transport: Northern suburbs members - a bus will depart Mullaloo SLSC car park at 6.45pm, stopping at Scarborough/Brighton at 7.15pm and will depart Salt at 12.15am heading back to Scarbs and Mullaloo.

Let's send off season 2010/11 with a blast. We hope we see you on the night.

The WAKSA Committee

little o
WA, 405 posts
18 Apr 2011 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

ticket bought :)

How come the bus leaves scarborough at 715 but the party starts at 7? Is that to give people time to get home?

Looking forward to it. The WACk girls had a pre party warm up last night at salt.
Good venue.
We've already talked about coming to this.

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
18 Apr 2011 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

Little O,

Whilst the party begins @ 7pm, we have sorted the bus to depart from Mullaloo @ 6.45pm to allow people to get home from work & not be in a mad rush. We are allowing 30 mins for the bus to get to Scarborough & motor down to Salt. Don't worry…the party won't begin until everyone gets there!!

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
18 Apr 2011 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
19 Apr 2011 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

little o said...

How come the bus leaves scarborough at 715 but the party starts at 7? Is that to give people time to get home?

Looking forward to it. The WACk girls had a pre party warm up last night at salt.
Good venue.

Oh wow the WACK girls are coming, that's great news. That means there'll be at least 5 girls there, that should mean there should be 0.024 girls for every bloke to dance with yeowwww

oceanfire
WA, 718 posts
19 Apr 2011 2:03PM
Thumbs Up

wishy said...

little o said...

Good venue.

Oh wow the WACK girls are coming, that's great news. That means there'll be at least 5 girls there, that should mean there should be 0.024 girls for every bloke to dance with yeowwww

Don't worry mate, there'll be plenty of pole-dancers there

little o
WA, 405 posts
19 Apr 2011 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

wishy said...

little o said...

Good venue.

technically there's 99 of us
And sorry whishy the WACk girls aren't allocated for your dancing needs..... hahaha
you could just dance with yourself.....nothing new there

HBBear
56 posts
20 Apr 2011 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent move chaps…great to see kiters and windsurfers building some relationships off the water. Sometimes it can be a bit awkward when we are all out together, but it can only work to the betterment of both our sports if we actually get to know each other. When all is said and done, there's not really that much difference between us is there?

Have to admit, I had a great time when I was out in Aus, the kiting was sensational, and I will be back next year without a doubt.

Hope your party is a huge success and you all have a great night.

Regards,

Humphrey.

dunk
WA, 88 posts
20 Apr 2011 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

Hey HB - shame you can't make it out! I reckon we should do a 'whip-round' amongst the membership and buy you a ticket eh?

Oh and on the Wind Junkies thing... I'm there...

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
27 Apr 2011 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Thank you to all the WAKSA members who have already bought tickets for the inaugural 'Wind Junkies Unite'. It promises to be a great night out for everyone...

We encourage more kiters to jump on board NOW...show your support for this event by purchasing tickets from the WAKSA website www.waksa.org.au.

We currently have over 700 members...how many of you can make it down?

7pm Friday 6th May 2011, Salt on the Beach, North Fremantle...

PS: Buses from the northern suburbs making it easy for kiters and poleys.....

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
28 Apr 2011 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

bump

dunk
WA, 88 posts
30 Apr 2011 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

Got my ticket - it's gonna be bigger'n'Ben Hur - get on it guys!

Surflily
WA, 99 posts
3 May 2011 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Me plus 3 other hot kite girls makes 103

dunk
WA, 88 posts
4 May 2011 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

bump

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
4 May 2011 11:24PM
Thumbs Up

Excellent response from WAKSA & WWA members so far...with two days to go before Wind Junkies Unite, it promises to be a big night for everyone...

Don't forget, bus from northern suburbs, band, dj, food... catch up with old friends and make new ones as we wind junkies celebrate the season gone....get yourself down to

Salt on the Beach, Port Beach Road North Fremantle Friday 6th May from 7pm....

specimen
WA, 221 posts
5 May 2011 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

Same MoFo's got the tickets bring your drinking shoes YEEEEEHAAAAAA

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
5 May 2011 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Surflily said...

Me plus 3 other hot kite girls makes 103

Does that include your hot Brazillian

I'm in too (regardless - Brazillians or no)
And Im bringing all my friends so that makes 104

specimen
WA, 221 posts
5 May 2011 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Puppet I hear you've got a Brazilian. I hope we all get to see it.

Juddy
WA, 1103 posts
5 May 2011 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Specimen,

WAKSA's public liability insurance does NOT cover kiter to kiter injuries sustained if Puppet shows his Brazilian...

...it's an image that scares the bejesus out of me just thinking about it...

For the record, pre-sales have been very strong the past 24 hours...if you are purchasing pre-sales, please do so by 12.00pm Friday afternoon.

Juddy

hamburglar
ACT, 2174 posts
5 May 2011 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

dunk said...

Hey HB - shame you can't make it out! I reckon we should do a 'whip-round' amongst the membership and buy you a ticket eh?

unfortunately the party starts after 7 because of little O and humphry goes to bed by then

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
5 May 2011 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

WAKSA. said...

Wind Junkies Unite

"Dyslexics untie!"

Hey specimen, I'll bring that pump of yours along hey. It hasn't quite been assimilated into my collection yet...

westhammer
WA, 504 posts
5 May 2011 10:57PM
Thumbs Up

Whats the deal with rocking up and paying on the door!!I no its 20 bucks,but whats the cut off time on the door!!!And will the door be run by a wind affiliated camaraderie or a hired heavy mob?

little o
WA, 405 posts
6 May 2011 7:29PM
Thumbs Up

hamburglar said...

dunk said...

unfortunately the party starts after 7 because of little O and humphry goes to bed by then

hmmm not sure you picked the right quote.........
not after 7 because of me....I want to start now!! matter of fact I will.
See you on the party bus people

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
7 May 2011 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks WAKSA and anyone that helped make this night happen.

There was a good turn out and it was great to catch up with all the crew over a few ales and/or mojito's, it looked like most of the wind junkies of Perth showed up.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
7 May 2011 11:32AM
Thumbs Up

Ditto from me.
Thanks heaps guys. Another huge success for kiters and polies.
I had a great time. Super well organised, buses were a great idea, food was fantastic - I should have eaten more & drunk less but then the drinks were pretty sweet too!
Great to catch up with so many mates you see so infrequently.
And, perhaps best of all, lots of talk about more combo events. Hints from a prominent poley about a marathon downwinder, lots of talk about combined course racing now that kiters too are taking to speed sailing.
But the one idea that really grabbed me was the idea of a straight line, two way dash from Woodies to Karnak & back. That would be an awesome event. One WOODYS Kite Surf & SUP would love to organise & sponsor (under the watchful eye of the associations of course).
I forget now who brought up the idea last night but if anyone is keen on getting this event off the ground next season please give me a call - 0430 WOODYS or 9336 7884. We would be more than happy to do all the main leg work here.

RayQ
WA, 635 posts
7 May 2011 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

How did you guys get that band? they are all over tripple J

richswing
WA, 724 posts
7 May 2011 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

I couldn't make it but were are all the pics.

If it is not the wind then it's the parties I miss out on!

Cheers Rich

little o
WA, 405 posts
7 May 2011 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

RayQ said...

How did you guys get that band? they are all over tripple J

all over my ear drums

little o
WA, 405 posts
7 May 2011 6:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hilights and memories:

loved the transport...i'm pretty sure the 1am party bus home was a big hilight. It was like a nightclub on wheels. And a great way to meet people on the way.
To the dude that risked his neck several times to entertain us with the worm on the bus you are a true legend!
The food was amazing..i can't imagine any go past the front group of seagulls
The big screen entertainment was fun
The DJ was keen to make the dancefloor start and took all of the WACK idiot requests
Talking crap with too many people that I've never met before

And if you want i've got video of the party bus home........

Big thanks to all who made it happen. when's round two?

little o
WA, 405 posts
7 May 2011 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

oh and the two poleys with yellow boardies over their pants!

tightlines
WA, 3477 posts
7 May 2011 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

little o said...

oh and the two poleys with yellow boardies over their pants!

HA HA CLASSIC.......TOP EFFORT GUYS.......FOR THOSE THAT MAY NOT VENTURE OVER TO THE POLEYS FORUMS, THEY HAVE BEEN TAKING THE PISS OUT OF KITERS WEARING BOARDIES OVER WETTIES FOR AGES E.G.

P.S. SORRY ABOUT SHOUTING BUT MY EARS ARE STILL RINGING.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Wind Junkies Unite" started by WAKSA