Forums > Kitesurfing General

Wind and Information

Created by whalleytalk > 9 months ago, 9 Feb 2008
whalleytalk
3 posts
9 Feb 2008 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hey! I'd be grateful if someone could help. I'm keen to find out what the best way is to see what winds are WHERE, in Sydney. I'm cool with using Seabreeze.com.au, but is there a further way to see exactly what is happening, "real time" on the beaches. For example, today, I had a lesson booked and the wind said 10 - 20 on Seabreeze around 2.00 p.m. and confirmed around 1. 00 pm. that this was still the case, but when I got to Brighton, it was completely flat. Are there Web CAMS or SMS's services that could help?

Secondly, I'm a bit confused about what winds to look out for on North shore. The SE, or NE seems to be the one to "aim" for, but from the little that I know this depends on the beach. Does Long reef, Botany, Brighton, Narrabeam etc have different wind needs?. Any advice to a begginer would be gratefully appreciated. Tnks!

par
NSW, 44 posts
10 Feb 2008 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

The Bureau of Meterology site has the latest observations. Have a look at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/observations/sydney.shtml for the Sydney area.

There's info on various locations on the NSW Kiteboarding Association site. If you page about 2/3rds of the way down this page, www.nswkba.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=103, you'll see two maps. One shows the kiteable wind directions for the Northern Beaches and one shows the directions for Botany Bay.

whalleytalk
3 posts
11 Feb 2008 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hey! Thanks very much, Par - I really appreciate it!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Wind and Information" started by whalleytalk